Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He ate that long ball shite like Scooby snacks.

Outstanding :clap:

And that is why he starts instead of Fernandez because Lascelles is the best we have at dealing with high balls into the box and complements Schar and Lejuene.

Burnley just had no plan B to us having Lascelles they targeted Foyte against Spurs but Lascelles had all the awnsers for us such a rock of a performance from the captain tonight.

:indi:

• 1 month later...
"We know we can get better.

"That doesn’t mean by signing players, it just means by keeping on listening and learning from the manager.

"We’re still getting to know the league really, not that many players have played that much Premier League football.

"When we gain a bit more experience, we’ll get better.

"We still need to get a bit more savvy and streetwise on the pitch."

"There have been some games we’ve lost through fine margins, and it hasn’t been because of a lack of quality or work ethic.

"If we’re winning, it’s maybe been because we haven’t got the ball in the corner or committed a little foul at a crucial moment.

"When we’ve got a bit more experience of the Premier League, I think that will be a big difference.

"Everything that goes on is through the manager, and we can only thank him for what he’s done for us.

" Since he’s been here, everything’s been positive and on the rise.

"As players, he’s been massive for us."

Looks like Mike asked him to pop in another "no players" quote.

Just read Matt Ritchie's very similar sounding statement. Very concerning if Ashley has "loyal lads" who are doing the spadework for a summer letdown.

We've become so wary of the regime's PR offensive that it makes you wonder about comments like that, especially given Lascelles most definitely has previous for toeing the line. Hopefully it's just come from a place of bigging-up his team-mates rather than at the behest of some corporate agenda.

Apparently Lascelles has only been dribbled past 3 times this season :yikes:

The same list says Van Dijk has been dribbled past 0 times.

I find both very hard to believe :lol:

Mikel Merino the last to dribble past van Dijk.

Surely I can’t be the only one that doesn’t believe it :lol:

Most centre halves probably just bring the man down rather than risk getting beat outside the penalty area. Once in the penalty area you don't really have the space or time to dribble anyway, you would be blocked off by bodies.

Most centre halves probably just bring the man down rather than risk getting beat outside the penalty area. Once in the penalty area you don't really have the space or time to dribble anyway, you would be blocked off by bodies.

Decent point but over a 38 game season I just don’t see how 0 is even possible :lol:

Even just 3 with Lascelles seems so unlikely.

I always just thought of Lascelles as a great aerial defender never thought of him as a hard to get past 1 v 1 defender.

Decent point but over a 38 game season I just don’t see how 0 is even possible :lol:

I always just thought of Lascelles as a great aerial defender never thought of him as a hard to get past 1 v 1 defender.

Honestly don't recall seeing many central defenders getting skinned by dribbling, it's usually the full backs who are more exposed on the flanks due to the wide open spaces. But Lascelles is pretty decent at getting his foot in for the blocks, he's not just a great defender in the air. I mean it wouldn't have crossed my mind if it hadn't been mentioned but there you go. :lol:

Honestly don't recall seeing many central defenders getting skinned by dribbling, it's usually the full backs who are more exposed on the flanks due to the wide open spaces. But Lascelles is pretty decent at getting his foot in for the blocks, he's not just a great defender in the air. I mean it wouldn't have crossed my mind if it hadn't been mentioned but there you go. :lol:

Aye probably not as common as people would think.

Still find the stats hard to believe over a 38 game season though :lol:

Schar last weekend against Zaha in the build up to the penalty is one I can think of recently and Anderson in the home game against Schar.

The whole West Ham team against Hazard the other week and Lejuene against Hazard away are the few others I can think of.

• 2 weeks later...