Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

2 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Oh hes getting full Howe'd alright.  More just wish that it could've happened before he was pushing 30 and he could've reached that potential he used to flash.

Tbf I misread and completely agree. This guy's resolve one relegation battle later? Christ alive.

9 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Didnt put a foot wrong, did he? At least 2 huge tackles too! 

There were a couple times him and Trips weren’t on the same page and doing some finger pointing in the moment which made my heart go in to my throat but overall he handled it all really well. Class game overall. 

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I would like to apologise for everything I've ever said about big Jam, he was absolutely brilliant last night.

Both centre backs, stalwarts in the Championship, absolutely solid against an elite strike force. So proud of them and so pleased for them as individuals. Lascelles in particular has shown real class to stay as involved, positive and team-focussed while missing out and being written-off by many.  Well he didn’t miss out last night… couldn’t be happier for him. 

Great performance and very happy that he got the opportunity to lead Newcastle out on a night like that. Well deserved.

A proper club player. Never complained once (not least in the public eye) and hasn't put a foot wrong when called upon. 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

So pleased for him. Like Big Jow‘s trajectory  but different :smitten:

From Sven’s out, Oh fuck meltdown to relax Big Jam’s got this shit! What world is this. Howe’s world is how!

Edited by PauloGeordio

Asked about club captain Lascelles’ performance against PSG, Howe said: “I’m so pleased for Jamaal. I said countless times last year how good his attitude was, how well he trained, how good he’d been for the group.

“But ultimately he’s desperate to show how good he is on the pitch. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that he’s stepped in and he’s really stepped up to the challenge and I think he’s performed really, really well in the last group of games that we’ve had.

“He had to train so well to continue to develop his game when he wasn’t playing and my inner belief was always that he could improve with the team even though he wasn’t in the starting XI, and his game was in a really good place.

“I think he proved that tonight, so we’re delighted for him. It’s a real testament to his attitude and his character.”

????

Another player who has went from being decent to being shit to being good over the last 5 years. Almost like something significant happened in his career in between.

Longstaff 

Miggy

Schar

Were all decent under Rafa, at least to an extent.