Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Is that what Lascelles got booked for? Surely Maguire should have been booked as well if so, and also booked at least for the Gayle incident. Gayle a bit too honest for his own good, 99% of premier league players would have automatically went down crying and bought the red

Guest chopey

Lascelles got booked last week for kicking the ball away when he really just mis-controlled the ball

Without too much of a hint of bias, when he's come up against the other England CBs, he's looked the better player. His lack of selection ahead of the likes of Maguire and Mawson, seems a little weird if you ask me.

I think he’s been spot on for us this season but can see why he’s been overlooked given what Southgate’s trying to build. Lejeune and Lascelles really have played safety first defending which has been perfect for us, but hasn’t really showcased his abilities for a possession based stint in the World Cup.

From a wholly selfish perspective, seemed in the fairly recent past when we’ve had players with England call-ups (Owen crocked, Jenas and his goldfish bowl) it’s done us no favours, so long may his overlooking continue.

Southgate's lost his number....

He's going to Ibiza....

Jamaal Lascelles.... Jamaal Lascelles..

Southgate's lost his number....

He's going to Ibiza....

Jamaal Lascelles.... Jamaal Lascelles...

I honestly think it´s down to his lack of ball playing skills, he is great at the defensive part of the game but is average at bringing the ball out and handling the ball under pressure. Kind of reminds me of Cahill...

Considering that England team lacks a leader, it’s insane that we’re going to leave Lascelles at home because Maguire can run forwards with the ball better than him.

Silly me, thinking defenders should primarily be good at defending rather than anything else.

I can understand playing one defending in the Stones/Maguire mould, but you also need a competent defender next to them to make up for their lack of ability in defending the goal. Playing two of them just so that we can pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes and win the possession trophy is ridiculous and one of the reasons we’ll go out with a whimper.

Considering that England team lacks a leader, it’s insane that we’re going to leave Lascelles at home because Maguire can run forwards with the ball better than him.

Silly me, thinking defenders should primarily be good at defending rather than anything else.

I can understand playing one defending in the Stones/Maguire mould, but you also need a competent defender next to them to make up for their lack of ability in defending the goal. Playing two of them just so that we can pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes and win the possession trophy is ridiculous and one of the reasons we’ll go out with a whimper.

Presumably Maguire is going as backup to Stones? You would think they wouldn’t play together. You would also think Jake Livermore isn’t a international quality midfielder mind....

Maguire thinks he's a tough guy because he's a big lanky cunt. Jamaal would murder him.

Suspect this is true, especially considering he almost fell backwards after trying to push featherweight Gayle over.