Just looked at the last England squad. 

Stones

Maguire

Keane

Cahill

Jones

Gomez

If fit I reckon 4 of the first 5 go. 

Personally think Cahill, Gomez and Keane shouldn’t be going.

Only Maguire and Keane been playing regularly in the last month out of them, so they'll only get picked on reputation and Southgate wanting to give them game time.

On recent form it should be:

Mee

Lascelles

Maguire

Mawson

Dunk

Tarkowski

Not that it'll happen

The successful Euro 96 squad was full of leaders and, for that alone, I think Lascelles should go to the World Cup. Obviously his performances too.

I wouldn’t go that far like.  We were on home turf and the tournament was won by a fairly average Germany.  If anything that squad failed as far as i’m concerned.  We need to get out of the mentality that getting to the semi final is glorious.  I agree with your point that having more leaders in the team though.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't care at the moment because the potential for either Lascelles or Shelvey getting injured doesn't bare thinking about, but the squad's a joke like. Mawson and Livermore over Lascelles and many other players including Shelvey is a proper joke.

I don't care at the moment because the potential for either Lascelles or Shelvey getting injured doesn't bare thinking about, but the squad's a joke like. Mawson and Livermore over Lascelles and many other players including Shelvey is a proper joke.

Squad is a joke, manager is a joke. I look forward to seeing them flop again in the summer.