Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Can't say I'm surprised that Southgate overlooked him and went for more 'high-profiled' players a first call up. Not saying Lascelles hasn't been talked about in the media but the wankfest over the Swansea and Burnley lads this season has made Southgate jump on that bandwagon too.

And Livermore getting a call-up just goes to show how clueless he is. Less than 100 days before a World Cup and a taxi-stealing, bottom of the table side managed by f***ing Pardew player gets a last chance to impress to get on the flight to Russia? A joke.

I feel sorry for him as he deserves it but I couldn't give a rat's arse about England at present as it's all about us staying up so I'm pleased that he's staying with us and working under Rafa!

Guest firetotheworks

I feel sorry for him as he deserves it but I couldn't give a rat's arse about England at present as it's all about us staying up so I'm pleased that he's staying with us and working under Rafa!

:thup:

Agree with all that, but I don't really feel sorry for him, because I'm not sure how much his heart was set on it. I just don't think it is the centre of his focus right now.

Obviously, he's ambitious and will have one eye on the prize, but he doesn't seem the type to be upset about it.

See, lesser men than Jamaal would have approached this season with the sole intention of getting into the squad, whereas Lascelles is just doing his job for his club.

He deserved to be selected and it's baffling that he wasn't picked. But I'm confident he'll just take the disappointment in his stride. And as his fairy godmother I say "He shall go to the ball."

Has been solid as owt all season. 

Overall we are top half in goals conceded. If you takeaway the match day rounds he missed throUgh injury.  I’m sure we would be close to top 8. 

Southgate is a moron. He’s picked 5 players ahead of him including Joe Gomez

:clap:

Out of all of the 24-25 year old upcoming centre backs in the frame he's the only one he's never been capped, he's also the only one who's black.

Out of all of the midfielders touted Shelvey is the only one Southgate has never given a cap to, he's also the only one who's bald.

Southgate is a bigot.

Out of all of the 24-25 year old upcoming centre backs in the frame he's the only one he's never been capped, he's also the only one who's black.

Out of all of the midfielders touted Shelvey is the only one Southgate has never given a cap to, he's also the only one who's bald suffering from alopecia totalis.

Southgate is a bigot.

Out of all of the midfielders touted Shelvey is the only one Southgate has never given a cap to, he's also the only one who's bald.

Southgate is a bigot.

Loves a bit of cous cous too. I've heard.

Call me old fashioned but i would prefer my central defender to be a defender first, it's not as if Jamal can't pass the thing. To say he not good enough for England under Gareth f***ing Southgate because he's not good enough on the ball is f***ing utter tripe.

Can Jamal defend - yes, is he good in the air - yes, is he ok on the ball - yes, is he leader - too f***ing right he is. If it's about him not being good enough on the ball then James Bumblefuckname of Burnley must be Franco Baresi.

Jamal deserves a call up because is and has been a very good defender this season.

I agree with you that defenders who defend first and attack later shouldn't be overlooked or scoffed at, not at all. As I said, I think he's a quality defender.

Secondly, I don't think it's utter fucking tripe. You can't go to the World Cup with the aim of looking to dominate possession and having to break down teams with one quality (on the ball) Center Back and another OK (on the ball) Center Back. Especially against the better teams, they'll figure you out.

Personally I would take him if I were manager, but I also wouldn't place so much emphasis on England dominating possession as we're not good enough to win like that. He doesn't yet suit the way England want to play, that's unfortunately the way it is for Jamaal. But I agree with people that if some other mid-table fodder can get the nod then you'd have to wonder why wouldn't he get a chance in the friendlies at least.

Whether you agree with Southgate or not he's not picked Smalling because of his limitations on the ball, and Lascelles fits into the same category.

Lescott played plenty of times for England and I think Lascelles fits the same mould.

Call me old fashioned but i would prefer my central defender to be a defender first, it's not as if Jamal can't pass the thing. To say he not good enough for England under Gareth f***ing Southgate because he's not good enough on the ball is f***ing utter tripe.

Can Jamal defend - yes, is he good in the air - yes, is he ok on the ball - yes, is he leader - too f***ing right he is. If it's about him not being good enough on the ball then James Bumblefuckname of Burnley must be Franco Baresi.

Jamal deserves a call up because is and has been a very good defender this season.

I agree with you that defenders who defend first and attack later shouldn't be overlooked or scoffed at, not at all. As I said, I think he's a quality defender.

Secondly, I don't think it's utter fucking tripe. You can't go to the World Cup with the aim of looking to dominate possession and having to break down teams with one quality (on the ball) Center Back and another OK (on the ball) Center Back. Especially against the better teams, they'll figure you out.

Personally I would take him if I were manager, but I also wouldn't place so much emphasis on England dominating possession as we're not good enough to win like that. He doesn't yet suit the way England want to play, that's unfortunately the way it is for Jamaal. But I agree with people that if some other mid-table fodder can get the nod then you'd have to wonder why wouldn't he get a chance in the friendlies at least.

It is like, do you actually think Gareth Southgate is going to have us playing some sort of possession based football that would be far far above anything Jamal could fit into ?

Tripe doesn't describe it to be honest...utter arse gravy might be better.

Is Lascelles even that bad on the ball?

Looked fairly comfortable this season.

That's my point, he doesn't have to be some sort of Glenn Hoddle sweeper does he. He's decent on the ball, i'll be fucked if i'm ruling him out of playing for England because of how Gareth Southgate wants us to play ffs.

Which games did Lascelles miss this season?

Man United (a)

Chelsea (a)

I think those were two...

.. and Lecister, Watford,  West Brom.

Laughbable we conceded 15 goals in 5 games when he was out of the side, three of them at home to midtable/relegation sides. Then 25 in 25 with him in the side (well 24 in 24 1/2 as he was off injured when bournmouth scored their winner.

We would have been relegated without him no question. Player of the season by several furlongs.

Secondly, I don't think it's utter f***ing tripe. You can't go to the World Cup with the aim of looking to dominate possession and having to break down teams with one quality (on the ball) Center Back and another OK (on the ball) Center Back. Especially against the better teams, they'll figure you out.

Leicester won the Premier League very recently with two of them. This idea that a central defender should be more John Stones than John Terry is utter bullshit