Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

I dislike him for several reasons:

1) He was bought by pardew*

2) The nightclub incident

3) He's not very good

4) He has the same name as an outfield player who played for us and I hate that nearly as much as wrongly assigned squad numbers

*for the sakes of my argument I am believing he was bought by that tosser.

You are talking about Elliot right in a Darlow thread ? May want to make that clearer.

You're right, my apologies. There was so much Elliot talk in the thread already I thought I was in the Elliot thread. My own fault for not double checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's his shirt at the minute.

:thup: I was quite impressed with him towards the end of last season. Once he'd got over his nerves shown against Weat Brom. Think he's got a lot more about him than Elliot.

On a bad day Krul was fairly pap. His last 18 months. Not coming for crosses. Letting in soft goals. He was pap. Eliot was no worse... perhaps marginally better.

At his best Krul is a level or two above what we have from what i've seen.

Krul on a bad day is still 10x better then Elliott like, Elliott did okay last season, but he only ever did what any other bang average keeper would do.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to play out of his skin in terms of shot stopping and commanding his area.

Just wish he had better kicking...

He's our best goalkeeper in doing goalkeeper things, like saving shots and commanding his area.

Not arsed if he kicks a ball like a 12 year old girl, because he's head and shoulders above the others imo.

Continuing to play out of his skin in terms of shot stopping and commanding his area.

He's our best goalkeeper in doing goalkeeper things, like saving shots and commanding his area.

Not arsed if he kicks a ball like a 12 year old girl, because he's head and shoulders above the others imo.

Don't get this kicking criticism- always looked ok when I watch him.

Certainly much better than Krul ever was.

Don't get this kicking criticism-

Because it's something people say when they haven't got a clue about goalkeeping but want to sound enlightened.

Because it's something people say when they haven't got a clue about goalkeeping but want to sound enlightened.

He's a professional goalkeeper and he often either picks the wrong player to kick it to from distance or he simply aims for someone like Mitro and balls it up. It's the extra part of being a goalkeeper though...He does the important things better than anyone else here. If he kicked better he'd have the potential to be a top class goalkeeper.

If anything I think you're trying o make yourself sound more enlightened by the fact you cannot accept people's constructive criticism of a player who is quite universally rated.

He's a professional goalkeeper and he often either picks the wrong player to kick it to from distance or he simply aims for someone like Mitro and balls it up. It's the extra part of being a goalkeeper though...He does the important things better than anyone else here. If he kicked better he'd have the potential to be a top class goalkeeper.

If anything I think you're trying o make yourself sound more enlightened by the fact you cannot accept people's constructive criticism of a player who is quite universally rated.

Nailed it.

I'm a big fan of Darlow but if you don't think his distribution is his standout weakness you aren't paying much attention, like.