Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Im surprised it's taken this long for Darlow to escape criticism.  His kicking has been shite since he's been here and moreso when he's under pressure as nearly every clearance then finds touch in the stands.

He's also a very slow thinker and cant distribute quickly but apart from that he's propa mint like.  :iamatwat:

If we don't sign a keeper in the summer Krul has to start in goal next season.

He's conceded 30 goals in 14 games for AZ

edit: for reference their other GK conceded 38 goals in 32 games before Krul signed

edit: for reference their other GK conceded 38 goals in 32 games before Krul signed

How many of those 30 were his fault?

For reference the Dutch League is typically the highest scoring league in Europe.

For reference the Dutch League is typically the highest scoring league in Europe.

no idea, not many are solely a GK's fault anyway. Depends how many he could/should have saved, again something I don't have an answer for. When you don't know things like that, the stats are all there is to go off

..and that may be, don't see what relevance that has to him still having a worse goals conceded per game ratio to the other, younger GK, in the same league & team

no idea, not many are solely a GK's fault anyway. Depends how many he could/should have saved, again something I don't have an answer for. When you don't know things like that, the stats are all there is to go off

..and that may be, don't see what relevance that has to him still having a worse goals conceded per game ratio to the other, younger GK, in the same league & team

There could have been nothing he could have done about any of those goals then, which makes your post irrelevant. What is relevant is that he's a better goalkeeper than Darlow and should be our No 1 next season unless we sign someone else as first choice.

Given quite a few goals away this season as well as dangerous opportunities that nearly shot us in the foot

I rate him based on some of the excellent saves he's made over the season but his overall game and focus needs tremendous improvement.

Krul is finished at the top level.

And Darlow isnt top level. We should go out and sign Valdez from boro.

I'd go for Vorm.  How feasible that is though is anyone's guess.

Begovic would be better

I agree, don't think we'd get him though.

Either of those would be a big upgrade on all of our keepers imho.

I have a hunch that Elliott might be back in for Preston. Darlow was truly chronic yesterday.

Messaged an AZ fan on reddit and got this back

Tim is doing poor, out of form, lots of goals against which he should have stopped. Sometimes we can see his class and skills but right now he is underperforming

Darlow has made a few mistakes but he's also saved us time and again. Can't be easy or confidence inspiring with Lascelles and Colback in front of you

He's made mistakes time and again and saved us a few times

I really cant warm to Darlow tbh.

He comes across as a right arrogant arsehole. I remember earlier in the season at Bristol City, he was the only player to refuse photos etc. with some younger fans.

He makes a lot of mistakes and if you look across the season he's actually cost us quite a few points. He's certainly not young or inexperienced like, he's just not very good.

I'd prefer Elliot in goal for the last few games and a new keeper bought in over the summer.

He comes across as a right arrogant arsehole. I remember earlier in the season at Bristol City, he was the only player to refuse photos etc. with some younger fans.

He makes a lot of mistakes and if you look across the season he's actually cost us quite a few points. He's certainly not young or inexperienced like, he's just not very good.

I'd prefer Elliot in goal for the last few games and a new keeper bought in over the summer.

Krul will be first choice next season IMO.

I'd go for Vorm.  How feasible that is though is anyone's guess.

Begovic would be better

I agree, don't think we'd get him though.

Either of those would be a big upgrade on all of our keepers imho.

I have a hunch that Elliott might be back in for Preston. Darlow was truly chronic yesterday.

Worth pointing out he slipped on his arse twice? before his kicking went to pot yesterday, wonder if that had anything to do with it. A lot of our players were but theirs didn`t seem to be. I remember one kick near the end everyone groaned expecting it to be shit again and it went straight to our player on the right wing.

He signed stuff for my lad at Wigan. Couldn't have been nicer