Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Much like the other TalkSPORT deviant, The Moose.

Holy fuck is he/it still a thing!

Utter giggling prat (and that's harsh on prats).

Thankfully haven't had misfortune to listen to that pile of shite in years. Are the other idiots still there too? There was an obnoxious thick Evertonian, Parry I want to say, Brazil (ever expanding and as right wing as Himmler) plus other associated eejits - tri;y awful radio station.

5 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Holy fuck is he/it still a thing!

Utter giggling prat (and that's harsh on prats).

Thankfully haven't had misfortune to listen to that pile of shite in years. Are the other idiots still there too? There was an obnoxious thick Evertonian, Parry I want to say, Brazil (ever expanding and as right wing as Himmler) plus other associated eejits - tri;y awful radio station.

Brazil is still there, face ever expanding and the shade of an over-cooked ham shank.

Parry has been axed. I think the embarrassment of the Cinnamon Challenge was too much:

17 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Lots of interesting thoughts, seems like he isn't that rated by many on here.

For what it's worth, he'd only be picking up a pay packet with us as well. He won't be anywhere near challenging Neto for the number one spot, he made such an impact last season after displacing Travers that he finished the season as captain. He'll be at best backup and may be even third choice which is why the £5m fee made no sense. If it's about £1m then maybe, since Travers looks set to move on to the Championship. I'm hoping he goes on loan for a year rather than a permanent deal, which would have this making more sense. In 12 months Rudolph is out of contract so Travers would return as our number two and Darlow then be number three.

He’s not that bad tbh; I mean, I definitely wouldn’t want him starting too many games for us but he’s a perfectly serviceable back-up keeper for teams in the bottom half of the PL. He’s a solid shot stopper with good agility and won’t kick up a fuss if not starting.  A couple of poor pre-season games have led to some knee-jerk reactions from some.

Can't help but feel that every one of these players we manage to get out of the door is helpful towards our wage budget and FFP.

It might not be much but if he's on 40k or whatever, that must help when factoring in a new players wages etc.

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Even £3-4m is a chunk of someone’s wage for the season, so good news.

£6m was the rumour to Bournemouth - how true that was I have no idea 

29 minutes ago, STM said:

Can't help but feel that every one of these players we manage to get out of the door is helpful towards our wage budget and FFP.

It might not be much but if he's on 40k or whatever, that must help when factoring in a new players wages etc.

I think we'll see a few more leaving as the close of window approaches, even if it means we have to subsidise one or two to drop to the championship.

Surprised no one came in for Dubravka, but I guess he might have something lined up, as he's clearly better than Darlow.

We were said to be asking for £5M, but there was a recent Tweet from a Bournemouth reporter who said the actual fee they were discussing was "nowhere near" that amount.

I'll hedge a bet at £2–3M.

On 21/07/2023 at 12:30, Nucasol said:

Brazil is still there, face ever expanding and the shade of an over-cooked ham shank.

Parry has been axed. I think the embarrassment of the Cinnamon Challenge was too much:

??? complete and utter moron 

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think we'll see a few more leaving as the close of window approaches, even if it means we have to subsidise one or two to drop to the championship.

Surprised no one came in for Dubravka, but I guess he might have something lined up, as he's clearly better than Darlow.

I think the Dubravka saga is over. He's probably content knowing he will be at a CL club and will likely play alot of cup games. He's one Pope injury away from playing against Real Madrid etc in the Bernabeu.

The fact we are letting Darlow leave tells us that Dubravka is staying.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I think the Dubravka saga is over. He's probably content knowing he will be at a CL club and will likely play alot of cup games. He's one Pope injury away from playing against Real Madrid etc in the Bernabeu.

The fact we are letting Darlow leave tells us that Dubravka is staying.

Fine by me, he's still a very good keeper.

28 minutes ago, CPL said:

2-3million sounds about right. Can't see Leeds going higher than that for a backup goalkeeper. 

He’ll play. 

They want shot of Meslier but haven’t had any takers of yet.