Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

4 hours ago, STM said:

I think the Dubravka saga is over. He's probably content knowing he will be at a CL club and will likely play alot of cup games. He's one Pope injury away from playing against Real Madrid etc in the Bernabeu.

The fact we are letting Darlow leave tells us that Dubravka is staying.

I genuinely believe we have the best 2nd choice keeper in the league.

4 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Downie saying the fee isn't even in the millions, we really are pushovers when it comes to outgoings, should at least be getting a few mil for him sure

He wouldn't be with worth more than 1m IMO

5 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Downie saying the fee isn't even in the millions, we really are pushovers when it comes to outgoings, should at least be getting a few mil for him surely.

We got £15m for Wood and actual legal currency for Shelvey. 

There’s only one man to blame if you’re unhappy about fees, loans, or lack of sales for the likes of Darlow, Lewis, Manquillo, Hayden, etc.

5 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Downie saying the fee isn't even in the millions, we really are pushovers when it comes to outgoings, should at least be getting a few mil for him surely.

There is always the "He's shit, take it or leave it". Can't force teams to take his wages.

If it is >£2m it's a shame.

At the same time, Darlow is arguably fourth choice and pulling in a reported £30k a week. That salary could easily go to one or two promising youngsters that will contribute. 

We’ve probably accrued his remaining wages as an onerous contract in last years accounts so there would be a small in-year benefit there by shifting him early too.

I’m of the opinion that I’d shift all the deadwood for free just to get them off the books. A fee of any sorts really is a bonus. 

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Such a tap in merchant, practically a news aggregation service rather than a breaker of new stories.

Still makes me chuckle that if you zoom in on his profile pic he’s talking to his lock screen :lol: 

On 25/07/2023 at 10:39, TBG said:

I'm not great at math so would appreciate the next few pages putting me right, but I'm assuming this adds another £100M to the FFP pot?

factoring in amortisation, aye.

£400K or £4m makes not a single difference in the grand scheme. It’s about moving him off the books and out of the squad entirely.

Best of luck to him, hope he does well with Leeds.

On 25/07/2023 at 22:48, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Surprised we're getting anything tbh. There'll be players we'll be lucky to get a small part of their wages covered by loaning them out every season until their contracts expires.