Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

If he keeps this up there is no way Dummett walks straight back in, left footed or not!

Of course not, but I'm talking long run. ie, if we don't get a LB in January and injuries permitting, Dummett will be in the team at the end of the season

We'll have to see how Mbemba does over the course of the 1st of the season, assume he's really the 1st choice, Clark the 2nd choice (when Lejeune is fit to play CB) and Gamez is our 3rd choice. I bet we'd see Clark play LB sooner than Gamez as well. Lejeune just simply didn't play at Swansea because he was coming back from his injury.

Possibly better at FB than CB. Don't rate him that much at CB.

Nah, he's a very good CB.

Nah. Rafa doesn't rate him much there and neither do I.

Rafa rates him he needs to learn the lingo and you can see now he is trying because he uses hand gestured to team mates as well as as talking to communicate so he is working in the 20 and 80% zone.

The amount of absolute bullshit you spout on here with such certainty is incredible. It's genuinely impressive.

The amount of absolute bullshit you spout on here with such certainty is incredible. It's genuinely impressive.

:lol: It really is.

The lad is 4th choice CB. Rafa has signed 3 CB's since his arrival, 2 of which are ahead of him in the pecking order. Rafa consitently chose Lascelles with a groin injury ahead of the lad.

It looks clear that Rafa doesn't want him to be first choice in that position.

He's proving himself very tasty at fullback. For a fullback he's strong, good in the air and gets to show his ability with his feet more.

Lascelles has been one of our best players the last couple of games but probably wouldn't have been given a chance for a large portion of the season was it not for an injury. He's probably 1st choice now. The same can be said for Mbemba at LB, had Dummett not been injured, or we signed a LB, he'd be rotting on the bench for probably most of the season. As it is he looks like he's possibly goung to be our first choice LB until atleast January if he keeps it up.

You cannot look at him as '4th choice CB' as there's only a limited amount of experimentation we can get away with.l, he could very well take his chance if given it. He was also only 21 the last time we saw him in this league.

Lascelles has been one of our best players the last couple of games but probably wouldn't have been given a chance for a large portion of the season was it not for an injury. He's probably 1st choice now. The same can be said for Mbemba at LB, had Dummett not been injured, or we signed a LB, he'd be rotting on the bench for probably most of the season. As it is he looks like he's possibly goung to be our first choice LB until atleast January if he keeps it up.

You cannot look at him as '4th choice CB' as there's only a limited amount of experimentation we can get away with.l, he could very well take his chance if given it. He was also only 21 the last time we saw him in this league.

Aye but Lascelles was first off the bench and into CB... because he was next in line.... ahead of Mbemba. Lascelles was also ahead of Mbemba in the Championship.  Mbemba is behind 3 players at CB currently... this is a just a fact.

But yes he's taken his chance at FB tremendously, all credit to him. I like Dummett but Mbemba looks a better option in that position.

Oh aye. I'm not arguing that he isn't last in line, just that viewing him strictly as '4th choice' is canny harsh. I mean technically that's true, but I cannot agree when it's being used as uniquivacal truth that he's a bad central defender.

I agree he is a good central defender but obvious Rafa is asking for something that Mbemba isn't good at, which we believe it would be tactical discipline.  And given our defense is so good now, we can't argue against Rafa decision.

Could see him doing a good job as holding midfielder if Hayden gets injured/suspended. Guess the only alternatives are Saivet or Merino

Anything happens to Hayden would probably see a Shelvey/Merino CM pairing I reckon - might see that tried soon anyway.

Thought he was very conservative and sometimes lazy in his passing and moving with the ball. In previous games he's been much more purposeful with the ball - still better than Paul D with it though.

Thought he and the whole team should've made a bigger deal about him being blocked off/fouled. The team is very passive with appeals and it really does influence referees. Was a bit passive all over himself.