Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Guest firetotheworks

Really don't get the Paul Dummet hate train like [emoji38]

Probably because of the insistence from some on here that 'he might be rubbish on the ball, but he can defend', as if he's anything more than average at defending at best or it undoes just how shocking he is on the ball. It's probably more a reaction to that than anything, but in all honesty I've always thought he's terrible.

Really don't get the Paul Dummet hate train like [emoji38]

Probably because of the insistence from some on here that 'he might be rubbish on the ball, but he can defend', as if he's anything more than average at defending at best or it undoes just how shocking he is on the ball. It's probably more a reaction to that than anything, but in all honesty I've always thought he's terrible.

:thup: In a nutshell.

Really don't get the Paul Dummet hate train like :lol:

I like Dummett, but I simply don't rate him at all. On this level a player has to be able to play and handle a football, no matter what position. We look so much more balanced being able to start our attacks from the left as well, and not just from the right through Yedlin/whoever. Said it a hundred times before that having someone like Dummett makes us so easy to read for the opposition during our build up play. The opposition know from an early stage that if they press us correctly the ball will end up on our right 9/10 and then they can move the the team and press hard on that side which in return also makes it hard for us to find space on the right hand side.

Much better balance now as we can use both flanks more effectively, and I'm not surprised that Atsu looks more involved now. Also, I think Yedlin will look even better this season than the last because it's going to be less crowded on the right hand side as we will and can use the left side of the pitch much better without Dummett, and also switch play more effectively. Dummett's lack of ability forced him to play it sideways or back to a CB nine times out of ten and that gives the opposition so much extra time to get organized and limit our options after having to start over from the back.

Bang on 👍

Dummett is a decent backup for both positions, nothing more than that.  No problem with him to start if we have injury crisis but we should have someone else to start.  Luckily Mbemba seems to enjoy this new role.

Is Mbemba left footed? He seems to be quite comfortable playing the ball out at left back, just wondering if that's because it's his natural side.

EDIT: Just read in the above post he's actually right footed. Makes it even more remarkable that he looks more comfortable there than Dummett.

Dummett will still be Rafa's first choice like, I'm sure

Read something a few months ago about how important it is to him to have left footed players on the left side

it is assuming they can actually use their left foot to some effect.