Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Can quite believe it. Rafa picks the 18 on a game by game basis. I can't imagine Mbemba would have fared well as a full back against the pace of Salah (or Mane if they switched), plus Liverpool's weakness is supposedly at the back. Having Manquillo with Gamez as back up makes perfect sense. And Lejeune is clearly ahead of Mbemba in the CB pecking order. 

Can quite believe it. Rafa picks the 18 on a game by game basis. I can't imagine Mbemba would have fared well as a full back against the pace of Salah (or Mane if they switched), plus Liverpool's weakness is supposedly at the back. Having Manquillo with Gamez as back up makes perfect sense. And Lejeune is clearly ahead of Mbemba in the CB pecking order.

:thup:

Don't see how Manquillo is any better equipped to deal with Salah/Mane than Mbemba is tbh.

In terms of positional awareness you'd think he would be better than Mbemba as a left back. Probably offers more overlapping going forward as well. Don't get me wrong he is far from a perfect solution, but I think of the two he is probably better placed to deal with out and out wingers.

• 1 month later...

Doesn’t follow his instructions and apparently still having language issues. Love Chancel at LB, wish he’d start over Manquillo!

Shame if true but has to be something like this. Thought he looked a beast there physically. Didn't offer any less than manquillo going forward either.