Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

Southampton haven't got schneiderlain who was by far their best player last season, to shield their defense. i would say let's go for this one, we are at home and let's get the crowd on their feet and get Southampton with their backs to the wall:

-----------------------------------Krul------------------------------------

Janmaat-----------Mbemba----------Colo---------------Haidara

----------------------Colback-------Wijnaldum--------------------

--Sissoko--------------------Perez--------------------Aarons---

-----------------------NITROvic--------------------------------

That's probably the team I'd go for, although it would be understandable if Mbemba isn't hoyed straight in tbf.

1-2 Newcastle to score first, with an equalising goal just before half time. Come the hour mark we'll push on, do nowt and they'll hit us on the break with a slick passing move and score. A final 30mins of us huffing and puffing with lots of sideways football and no creativity and it'll fizzle out.

Seems inevitable we will be playing a 4-2-3-1 so assuming that to be the case:

Krul

Janmaat Taylor Coloccini Haidara

Anita Wijnaldum

Sissoko      De Jong      Perez

Mitrovic

It's a tad unfair to just throw Mbemba straight in, I'd rather sacrifice some possible short term pain to let him settle in properly. The only other dilemma was between Aarons and Sissoko (Perez would have switched over). Sissoko gets the nod for being less likely to come off injured.

Seems inevitable we will be playing a 4-2-3-1 so assuming that to be the case:

Krul

Janmaat Taylor Coloccini Haidara

Anita Wijnaldum

Sissoko      De Jong      Perez

Mitrovic

It's a tad unfair to just throw Mbemba straight in, I'd rather sacrifice some possible short term pain to let him settle in properly. The only other dilemma was between Aarons and Sissoko (Perez would have switched over). Sissoko gets the nod for being less likely to come off injured.

Colback will start, but there is also no width to that side. Aarons needs to start.

Honestly reckon McClaren might play this:

Krul

Janmaat Taylor Williamson Haidara

Colback Wijnaldum

Sissoko        De Jong      Obertan

Cisse

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

If Taylor and Williamson are to start any of our games, Pelle and Gomis are good opposition for them. I'd have Mbemba in with Taylor on Sunday, myself. I'd also go with fuck the DMs - Sissoko and Wijnaldum interchanging, Perez and Aarons swapping wings with de Jong behind Cisse. Mitrovic to come on and fuck some shit up.

Agree but what is the etiquette on these threads? What you want the team to be or what you think the team will be?

I think it's a case of post what you want.

Poland.

Austria.

Lichtenstein.