Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Don't think this is the game for SDJ.

What match are you thinking would be? We're at home to the essentially possession winners of the league. We need a dude like SDJ in the squad.

He isn't quick enough as we'll be generally playing on the counter when we do get it. I presume it will be Thauvin in for Obertan and Sissoko in for Perez from the last game with Anita the deeper one in a three with Colback and Wijnaldum with Wijnaldum hopefully having licence to attack when we get it. It's a tough one because you know Perez will work hard and always follow his man which will be important against the Arsenal full backs and he will also keep possession but Sissoko is probably our best player and Thauvin has to start after his performance last night you would think. I'd prefer Sissoko in the middle instead of Colback but can't see that happening

What match are you thinking would be? We're at home to the essentially possession winners of the league. We need a dude like SDJ in the squad.

He isn't quick enough as we'll be generally playing on the counter when we do get it. I presume it will be Thauvin in for Obertan and Sissoko in for Perez from the last game with Anita the deeper one in a three with Colback and Wijnaldum with Wijnaldum hopefully having licence to attack when we get it. It's a tough one because you know Perez will work hard and always follow his man which will be important against the Arsenal full backs and he will also keep possession but Sissoko is probably our best player and Thauvin has to start after his performance last night you would think. I'd prefer Sissoko in the middle instead of Colback but can't see that happening

On current form it has to be Sissoko and Wijnaldum in the middle of the pitch with Perez and Thuvin as the wide players. You cant have two midfield players in Colback and Anita who will only play 5 - 10 yard balls sideways and backwards and without the physical presence also. Personally I would have Tiote in the defensive midfield spot as he has the physical presence to win the ball but if he is not, then out of the other two Anita would get the nod over Colback - I put money on now though that both Colback and Anita will play meaning Perez will be dropped as it looks like Sissoko will be back and in my opinion that will be a shocking decision.

I'd like to see Janmaat and Thauvin continue on the right and build on their good start. Haidara and Perez on the left: loving Haidara's deep crosses, and Perez has shown he can provide competent cover, and more importantly is willing to track back and do so. Krul, Mbemba and Coloccini are certain. Mitrovic at CF. Which leaves three central 'slots'. Wijnaldum is nailed on. Against Arsene's Arse ( "they don't like it up them Captain Mainwaring") I would like to see 4-1-4-1, with Anita sitting in front of back four (metronome--would it be unkind to slip a 'g' in there?-- and defensive cover). IF it looks like Sissoko  is firing on all cylinders, because he will have to put in 100% to make this work, then I would love to see him and Wijnaldum as the centre two of the four. Without possession you have a bank of three across the Middle (Moussa, Vurn and Gini) and Ayo and Florian working back to support full backs/ double-up as necessary. With the ball...oh man, I'd just love to see these guys with a good run of possession. The late runs to edge of box by GW, the surging runs at the box from MS; AP darting in to support Mitrovic/pull defenders away, and Haidara overlapping to cross from left. FT doing his thing, that cut back prior to Perez prior to the disallowed goal was a joy to watch. Even if it all goes to shit, against a very good Arsenal side, I am loving being able to anticipate this game with positivity, rather than dread or apathy.

Have a fucking go at these man, we're at home, we just smashed Northampton, we just tied Man Utd away. Have a fucking go.

If Sissoko is fit you start him, Wijnaldum and Anita in midfield. You start Thauvin and Perez wide and Mitrovic up top. If Sissoko is not fit then Siem should take the #10 role to link things up and string it all together and have Wijnaldum paired with Anita. Our attacking 4-5 players can inflict damage on anyone and its people like Thauvin who can get the stadium rocking man.

On current form it has to be Sissoko and Wijnaldum in the middle of the pitch with Perez and Thuvin as the wide players. You cant have two midfield players in Colback and Anita who will only play 5 - 10 yard balls sideways and backwards and without the physical presence also. Personally I would have Tiote in the defensive midfield spot as he has the physical presence to win the ball but if he is not, then out of the other two Anita would get the nod over Colback - I put money on now though that both Colback and Anita will play meaning Perez will be dropped as it looks like Sissoko will be back and in my opinion that will be a shocking decision.

Tiote is too much of a liability these days. I used to love his physical play but he is slow, fouls all the time and can't pass the ball.

McClaren actually has some tough decisions to make for this match. f***ing weird.

Obviously hope he does by next Wed as well :-). It is starting to look much stronger in attacking sense and can't argue much with the work being done so far but defensive mid and defence needs sorting / organised to give us a solid base. Not many teams below top 6 have ability we have going forward but we need to show it. Mitro, Cisse and Perez surely have 20-30 goals in them and then we have Thauvin,De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Aarons that should produce around 20-30 goals as well. Hope our defence can improve

4-1-4-1                 

Krul

Janmaat  Colo  Mbemba  Haidara

Anita

Tauvain  Sissoko  Wijnaldum    Perez

Mitrovic

4-1-4-1                 

Krul

Janmaat  Colo  Mbemba  Haidara

Anita

Tauvain  Sissoko  Wijnaldum    Perez

Mitrovic