Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

They looked vulnerable v Liverpool against stuff flashed across the penalty area and against direct runners like Coutinho, especially when facing their own goal.

Hopefully a combination of Thauvin/Perez with Mitrovic holding it up front will give us some joy.  A draw would be a very good result

The head tells me that Arsenal have better players, but find it difficult to break down a packed defence, and that our best chance is to treat it like an away game. Get men behind the ball and hit them on the break.

The heart wants to see us have a go at them. I'm not sure which route McClaren is going to take, seeing we're playing at home.

West Ham beat these 2-0 at the Emirates man; "Treat it like an away game." :lol:

The point made was a fair one, we aren't going to dominate possession v Arsenal anytime soon.  We need to find a way to get the result and it's true that they do struggle against a packed defence.  Think it's pretty likely we will be pushed deep for long spells and then look to counter when the play breaks up.  I don't think being at home has much bearing on it, neither does them losing 2-0 against West Ham.

West Ham beat these 2-0 at the Emirates man; "Treat it like an away game." :lol:

The point made was a fair one, we aren't going to dominate possession v Arsenal anytime soon.  We need to find a way to get the result and it's true that they do struggle against a packed defence.  Think it's pretty likely we will be pushed deep for long spells and then look to counter when the play breaks up.  I don't think being at home has much bearing on it, neither does them losing 2-0 against West Ham.

Of course being at home should have a bearing on it, as should the fact West ham beat them 2-0, and Liverpool made their defence look a joke in the first half when they tested it and Callum Chambers will be playing centre half again today.

I know Arsenal are quality, but given our lads have had a few games to blow some cobwebs out I would like to think we will put in a strong shift at home. I can't exepct a win against them, but given their defence is poor and so is their form, I'd be gutted if we don't put up a fight or at least score one.

http://i.imgur.com/kn80noA.png

A record Pardew would be proud of.

There's actually a win there so not really. Also that record will have been against Arsenal when they were one of the best teams the league has ever seen.

If Koscielny and Mertesacker don't play then I think we might just win.