Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Ayoze should start ahead of Thauvin imo. Also, would like to have seen Aarons instead of Obertan on the bench. Except for that everything is spot on.

Ayoze for Colback for me with Wijnaldum playing deeper.

Can't fault that selection apart from Colback being preferred to Perez.

They aren't exactly in the same position. I would hope Wijnaldum will be played as just an ordinary centre mid breaking forward from deeper from time to time to help the front 3 and not just off the striker

McLaren just said something you'd never hear from Pardew: "Tauvan is the type of player that is young and exciting, he will go anonymous at times, but he will then come up and produce something to win you the game, thats what we want."

Team is spot on.

Yep. Arguably the most mobile set of attacking players in the league, picks Colback to try and stop them. Flawless.

The rest of it is fair enough aye.

As opposed to picking............

Perez, move Sissoko in the middle with Wijnaldum and Anita sitting behind them.

Anyway I'm looking forward to him chasing shadows again today :thup:

McLaren just said something you'd never hear from Pardew: "Tauvan is the type of player that is young and exciting, he will go anonymous at times, but he will then come up and produce something to win you the game, thats what we want."

Blimey, common sense breaking out all over the shop.

Wow.

Just saw the team sheet - I'm still not sold on McClaren - but very impressed at that selection. Almost perfect. It's still against Arsenal and the team haven't really found themselves, so the personnel means little in the grand scheme of things but still - impressed.

Can't fault that selection apart from Colback being preferred to Perez.

They aren't exactly in the same position. I would hope Wijnaldum will be played as just an ordinary centre mid breaking forward from deeper from time to time to help the front 3 and not just off the striker

Of course, but as you suggested, Perez can be accommodated and Colback jettisoned by dropping either Wijnadum or Sissoko into CM.

Team is spot on.

Yep. Arguably the most mobile set of attacking players in the league, picks Colback to try and stop them. Flawless.

To be fair I don't think such a setup would cope better with the ''most mobile set of attacking players in the league'. Opinions thurgh, that's football.

Walcott and Ox will sprint behind Haidara and Coloccini a lot. Asking a lot from Colback cause he has to help the defence today. Thank god he has legs to get back because if we push high Walcott will tear Colo a new one.

Team is spot on.

To be fair I don't think such a setup would cope better with the ''most mobile set of attacking players in the league'. Opinions thurgh, that's football.

:thup:

Pretty good team. Not such a bad move to play Colback and I'll judge him now has better options to pass to than Obertan and Gouffran. His main job will probably be to get stuck in. Thauvin on the other side to midweek presumably, and good luck to him there. Same to Mbemba, who is a big call after Taylor's performance last week.

Ayoze is my favourite Toon player, and we'll probably see him if Sissoko can't last the whole match.

No Giroud is a bonus, but they've still got a good team out. It's a tough ask, but howay the lads!

Problem with Colback when he tries to get "stuck in" is that it's mostly a chase of a shadow or a foul as he's not dynamic enough to make a well timed strong tackle.

Yeah, wouldn't be shocked if he got sent off today