Newcastle United 6-2 Norwich City - 18/10/15 post match reaction from page 44

Greg

Hah, how bad must Norwich be to get beat 6-2 at your place? But seriously they were tragic at the back.

Wijnaldum obviously aside, I really think you should be doing well with Mitrovic and Perez, the latter I think is turning into a very good footballer.

Guest Howaythetoon

Funny game, Norwich didn't deserve to lose 6-2 and we were awful defensively and in midfield all over the shop. Our attacking players linked up superb though and thankfully Norwich were just as bad as we were in defence which is where and how we won the game. A welcome win, but don't be fooled by the scoreline!

Guest neesy111

Finishing was top notch today, defensively we'll still go down if we continue like that today though.  Could easily had finished 6-5.

wow - halleluja what a match!

Well - incredible considering how bad our central midfield and defence is!

We really need to spend money in those areas.

Before the game i hoped Tiote would start and do the dcm alone. Well i will never wish for that again...and he wasn´t even alone.

Sell him...sell them all (Anita, Tiote, Colback)

Gini  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Hah, how bad must Norwich be to get beat 6-2 at your place? But seriously they were tragic at the back.

Wijnaldum obviously aside, I really think you should be doing well with Mitrovic and Perez, the latter I think is turning into a very good footballer.

He started as a very good footballer. He's just becoming more well rounded now.

Thoughts

That front four is a keeper, need to definitely work on defense out wide, however going forward they all click, two up front makes things difficult for any cb pairing and with Mitrovic and Wijnaldum and Sissoko we have players good in the air to work from crosses.

Bad points

We were devastating on the break, but the 4-4-2 is not controlling games because our midfield is not up to scratch at all. Anita needs more players around him to recycle the ball and isn't strong enough defensively, Colback is a pile of shit rolling slowly around the pitch. We work on the break but can we dominate a game? Not with that team.

Defensively we were a shambles, way too much space out wide afforded to Norwich throughout the game, crosses allowed to come in and not dealt with. Asking for trouble.

Just back in from the match. I can't describe the relief at full time that we got the win although I didn't enjoy it until the 6th went in which sounds ridiculous. I don't know how it came across on tv but every time Norwich put any sort of ball into the box we seemed vulnerable.

It was also the first time this season I've seen Sissoko really commit to driving forward with the ball rather than half arsing it. It just shows the damage he can do. Perez and Winjaldum were also on another level today.

Just back in from the match. I can't describe the relief at full time that we got the win although I didn't enjoy it until the 6th went in which sounds ridiculous. I don't know how it came across on tv but every time Norwich put any sort of ball into the box we seemed vulnerable.

It was also the first time this season I've seen Sissoko really commit to driving forward with the ball rather than half arsing it. It just shows the damage he can do. Perez and Winjaldum were also on another level today.

It was like that watching on the box as well. I was actually getting really angry at the way we were so lackadaisical in defending as a team. I don't know what McClaren's working on in defence, but it's failing.

I'm tempted to blame the personel, not the coach. Out of the back six, only Mbemba and Janmaat should remain.

True, but something needs to be done to stop the crosses coming in so easily. Whether it's the full backs not doing enough or wide men not tracking back, it's not good enough. It's something the manager needs to put right.