Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

I'd have no problem with the we were robbed angle if we'd scored in the first half which we dominated and didn't consede another two after the decision. There's no doubt that it changed the game but we still didn't fight back against and even nab a draw against a team that's far worse than our own. And I say that fully in the knowledge that our team is pretty shit.

We could quite easily have scored three goals in that first half if we'd had our shooting boots on. We opened them up a few times but scuffed the shots every time. Last week every one flew in. Sometimes it just one of those days. Sunderland looked punch drunk before the ref handed them the game.

But we didn't quite easily score three goals in that first half though. Can we not stick to what actually happened instead of counting our chances as goals and ignoring them scoring three times? It wasn't just one of those days either :lol: This is the sixth time in a row man.

Every chance isn't always converted though, that depends on the day whether your finishing is good or bad. Last week we scored from just about all our chances, today we missed them. If you want to stick to what actually happened then why are you talking about the last six matches where we didn't turn up when that's got nothing in common with this one where we got shafted by the ref? :lol:

I'm not talking about that for the same reason I'm not talking about everything else, because it hasn't been brought up. Another strawman argument. I can't really be arsed tbh, if you can find a way to excuse a 3-0 loss to a team tgat terrible because of a pen and sending off at 0-0 then godspeed, but personally I find it embarrassing and a measure of how far we've fallen.

I'm not really sure what makes a strawman argument but if there is one, then I would guess it would be ignoring what happened in today's match by comparing it with the six previous derbies under Pardew's regime. Chances aren't always converted and defenders aren't usually sent off for a shoulder charge challenge for a loose ball. You want to take a swipe at the overall leadership at the club, I can get that, but that doesn't mean I'm prepared to be happy about losing a derby match on the day due to some fucking diabolical conference league refereeing.

This is probably the least pissed off i have been in all the recent losses to these cunts. Reason being, we played well for once and the only reason we lost was because of the fucken useless cunt of a referee.

It also opened my eyes as to how fucking dreadful the mackems are. ;D

As if any mackem will be disappointed with that match today. They didn't have much of the ball at times but they stopped us scoring even when we were well on top, took full advantage of a fortunate decision in their favour and ended up beating us 3-0. Again. It's a massive springboard for the club and their new manager and may well see them go on to survive. Again.

Honestly I just can't see why any one of us isn't as sick as fuck about it, even totally ignoring the red card. If they are shit then what are we?!

“We have taken full advantage of a piece of good fortune,” Allardyce said.

“I did think it was a foul, personally. I have had a look at it and I think if he hadn’t have made contact with him, Steven Fletcher would have scored on his left foot, on his better side.

“It’s a bit harsh, sending him off, though, but that’s the rule, sadly, and we have taken full advantage of that today.

“We got a harsh decision last week against us; we’ve got one that perhaps has gone for us this time. But the big thing is that we have taken advantage of it.

“When the Sunderland fans wake up tomorrow, they won’t be worried about that, will they? Because we have won and we have kept the record going.

“Six wins on the trot, the fourth manager to be in charge of the club on his second game and beat our local rivals – I find that a bizarre statistic, but it’s very nice to have kept it going.”

Even this arsehole agrees. :anguish: :anguish:

Play utter shit but get the points has been Big Sam's m.o for the past 15 years. Only place it didn't work was with you...

He looked like he'd won the pools today though. His tactics were shite and he was actually helped by the injuries to O'Shea and the Toyvitwat guy. Defoe immediately added more threat and the ref did the rest.

This is probably the least p*ssed off i have been in all the recent losses to these c***s. Reason being, we played well for once and the only reason we lost was because of the fucken useless c*** of a referee.

It also opened my eyes as to how f***ing dreadful the mackems are. ;D

Opposite for me, I'd become numb and angry at our own club. Today I feel robbed and gutted.

This is probably the least p*ssed off i have been in all the recent losses to these c***s. Reason being, we played well for once and the only reason we lost was because of the fucken useless c*** of a referee.

It also opened my eyes as to how f***ing dreadful the mackems are. ;D

Opposite for me, I'd become numb and angry at our own club. Today I feel robbed and gutted.

I see your point but the way we have surrendered this derby in the past has annoyed me more than anything else, especially based on how shit the mackems have been in each of the seasons they've beat us.

Today we lost because of the ref, simple as that, so I'm not as pissed off as i have been in recent years. Basically it was took out of our hands.

Good point, we were even helped out by their injuries and still got stuffed.

We didn't get stuffed though. We got done by a bent ref who allowed Clattermole to assault our dangerous  players at will while penalising every challenge our players made likewise. Would Sunderland have got any points if the situation had been reversed? I doubt it.

As regards the going down bit it's by no means certain. 9 games to the halfway point, we're capable of winning at least 3 of them and nabbing a draw or two. Then buy well in January we'd be OK imo.

Either of those two things doesn't happen it'll be curtains.

But are we (a) capable of buying the players we actually need and (b) depending on where we are in the league, we might struggle to attract any decent players.

As regards the going down bit it's by no means certain. 9 games to the halfway point, we're capable of winning at least 3 of them and nabbing a draw or two. Then buy well in January we'd be OK imo.

Either of those two things doesn't happen it'll be curtains.

But are we (a) capable of buying the players we actually need and (b) depending on where we are in the league, we might struggle to attract any decent players.

well, these are additional questions but we appear to have bought 3 good players in the summer and one who is struggling, we could feasibly buy 3 more for the right positions

ashley has to know the TV money is going up, spending another 50m in january doesn't make a dent if we stick around in the league and trouser that cash

We're currently 2 points off safety, I don't think it's really cut-and-dry that we'll go down.

Especially when we have Stoke, Bournemouth, Leicester, Palace and Villa soon, whilst Norwich are about to face Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal. Bournemouth have a nasty run too.

We'll be above both in a month.

This is one of my biggest bug bears on here, lets stop picking fixture lists and say these are the games we are going to win etc.  Football does't work like that otherwise we'd all be millionaires from betting on them and it'd be boring to follow.

People need to wake up into the deep deep shite we are in.

There's a difference between people thinking we're shit which most people do and thinking we'll get relegated. Loads of people here thought we were going to get relegated last year and it didn't happen. I still think we'll stay up but its not because I think we have a good team, I just think there are three teams worse than us

Should have put on Cisse. We wouldn't lose anything if he was s*** and he can actually score occasionally

Cisse is finished as a footballer

We're 2-0 down and in the past he's proved he's our best goalscorer

The words 'in the past' tell you all you need to know about Cisse - should have been sold and replaced a year ago.

Should have put on Cisse. We wouldn't lose anything if he was s*** and he can actually score occasionally

Cisse is finished as a footballer

We're 2-0 down and in the past he's proved he's our best goalscorer

The words 'in the past' tell you all you need to know about Cisse - should have been sold and replaced a year ago.

Aye probably but in that exact moment he was clearly the most likely of our subs to score a goal to get back into it

After being away for 3 weeks this was the first NUFC action I have seen since beginning of October and even then, only highlights ; the penalty/sending off was a total disgrace and I am more than ever now convinced that many games and refs decisions are fixed. I would be the first to point fingers at bad decisions by NUFC and unprofessional running of the club but there is NOTHING the club can do about things like this. Last weeks' games saw a clear holding offence by Schweinsteiger on an Arsenal player in the box which went totally unpunished and was far and away a more definite pen than Coloccini's shouldering in the box yesterday but then, Man U often get away with things like this.

I did have doubts about our ability to compete physically with the Mackems, esp under Allardyce, but we were clearly robbed yesterday by a shocking decision which even commentators thought was wrong.

Just as it looked as if some sort of recovery and gradual escape from the relegation trapdoor looked as if it may be possible, this result will now set the club back to where it was and with Villa likely to appoint a new manager soon, we needed this like a hole in the head...relegation will be back on the agenda with a vengeance from now on and it will take a herculean effort to escape.

We're currently 2 points off safety, I don't think it's really cut-and-dry that we'll go down.

Of course it isn't. Absolute madness to say so. There are 28 games left ffs. :lol: f*** knows what's gonna happen.

If your feeling is that we're gonna go down, I'm not gonna argue it as such, but I'll reserve my right to sit on the fence at this point.

Howay man. If you don't shout that we're shit and going down with 28 games left and have a shit defence and center midfield until you're blue in the face, it means you're not a true fan, and it means you don't want ashley out, and are happy to continue to bend over and take it up the arse by the cockney mafia.

There'd be a fair point in there somewhere if it wasn't for the fact that the teams around us (Sunderland, Villa) hadn't recognized they had problems and done something about it. We won't, we don't. Too expensive to sack and replace managers, to invest in proper defenders etc.

There'd be a fair point in there somewhere if it wasn't for the fact that the teams around us (Sunderland, Villa) hadn't recognized they had problems and done something about it. We won't, we don't. Too expensive to sack and replace managers, to invest in proper defenders etc.

Sorry like but I'd have McClaren over Allardyce any day of the week.

Sorry like but I'd have McClaren over Allardyce any day of the week.

Same. He's not very good but he's capable. I suspect the utter shitness of the playing staff has come as a massive shock to him and what he agreed in terms of recruitment in the summer he'll now know was woefully inadequate.

If we end the transfer window still playing Collocini, Colback, Anita, Tiote, Elliot and the current crop of LB's then he and everyone at the club deserve what comes next.