Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

It's easy to get angry at the club for today's result and you wouldn't be wrong based on the last 5 derbies but I have no doubt in my mind that the ref ruined this game for us this time and had it continued 11 v 11 and 0 - 0 at half time we would have grown in confidence in the game and come away with at least a draw. We were punished for everything, whereas they came out of the game without a single card, unbelievable just doesn't cover it. Putting aside the penalty shout, Cattermole shouldn't have been on the pitch for his thuggery today never mind coming out of the match unscathed. How many times did he take the man, take his eye off the ball, even had a flying knee in there, a handball and grabbed someone around the neck, not even a yellow?? The ref was rediculous today and we've been done.

Everyone at the club can be felt hard done by and come March I have a feeling the rot will stop.

Normally i'd be the first to lay into the club given half a chance. Today though. Don't think i've ever seen a football match like that before in my life.

The nearest I can recall to that was a Chelsea Barca game from a few years back. Chelsea battered them and had about 7 legitimate penalty appeals. None given and the ref was an absolute biased joke. I feel like Football is a bit like reality TV now. It's sort of partially real, but also sort of running to a script and an agenda. We are not high up on the FA's agenda, so refs can hammer us if they want. There'll never be a consequence to it. If Liverpool had been subjected to that ref today, he'd be doing a Sunday league game next week. All of Football now is basically run and won by money in every sense. I'm not saying it's totally corrupt, I'm just not saying it isn't either.

March? :lol:

When we play them at home, with a less bent ref.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant our overall rot. Was thinking that would be a bit late :lol:

I think we'll bounce back from this quite quick, we'll have a point to prove and games against Stoke, Bournemouth, Leicester and then Palace should put some daylight between us and the unclean. Yes we lost ANOTHER derby but the other 36 games a year are just as important, though they may disagree being NETD and all that.

Does Adam Johnson usually do that plane celebration with his arms like?

Something very uneasy about him doing that in front of our supporters deliberately after everything.

It's how you get a kid to open their mouth, isn't it? "Here comes the aeroplane! Nnnyyyyyewwww!" 

:lol: :lol: Quality as usual.

It's easy to get angry at the club for today's result and you wouldn't be wrong based on the last 5 derbies but I

It's easy to get angry at the club for today's result and you wouldn't be wrong based on the last 5 derbies but I have no doubt in my mind that the ref ruined this game for us this time and had it continued 11 v 11 and 0 - 0 at half time we would have grown in confidence in the game and come away with at least a draw. We were punished for everything, whereas they came out of the game without a single card, unbelievable just doesn't cover it. Putting aside the penalty shout, Cattermole shouldn't have been on the pitch for his thuggery today never mind coming out of the match unscathed. How many times did he take the man, take his eye off the ball, even had a flying knee in there, a handball and grabbed someone around the neck, not even a yellow?? The ref was rediculous today and we've been done.

Everyone at the club can be felt hard done by and come March I have a feeling the rot will stop.

ave no doubt in my mind that the ref ruined this game for us this time and had it continued 11 v 11 and 0 - 0 at half time we would have grown in confidence in the game and come away with at least a draw. We were punished for everything, whereas they came out of the game without a single card, unbelievable just doesn't cover it. Putting aside the penalty shout, Cattermole shouldn't have been on the pitch for his thuggery today never mind coming out of the match unscathed. How many times did he take the man, take his eye off the ball, even had a flying knee in there, a handball and grabbed someone around the neck, not even a yellow?? The ref was rediculous today and we've been done.

thiso is spot on

And yes, we played pretty well in the first half. We still lost 3-0.

Exactly this team is in deep s*** and some people on here are either blind, sheep or totally clueless.

Or you just have an agenda, and despite clear evidence against that agenda youll ignore it and carry on stating that opinion like it's fact, and if people oppose that opinion you'll just insult them.

What evidence you muppet - the only evidence backs me up 100% you utter clown

I actually feel sick from today's match and the stupid arse comments coming from the mutants on Wearside - they we blatantly the second best team today and yet with a little help from the ref they've managed a miraculous result from nothing. They neither deserved anything from the game or performed well enough, they could at least be big enough to admit that but no, they'd have you think they out-played us. The ref was a fucking disgrace, should not be allowed to officiate any further matches of ours again this season, I don't see why the club don't complain tbh.

We've been shite for the last 5 aye? But fuck me, we would have smashed them today if we had of went in level with 11 men. I've never felt better after a defeat by those fuckers. We dominated all game but they just picked us off. 6 In a row is new record but it means fuck all when your best player shags youngins

Had a long sleep and woken up thinking this was just a bad dream. This club is a bad dream.

They've beaten us 6 times in a row....what the fuck. They are such a horrible, worthless club, yet they have managed that.

And those three points will probably save them from relegation yet again this season!

It's worth bearing in mind that while they have been us 6 times off the belt, imagine what it must have felt like to go 28 years without beating us at home. That is mental cruelty over a GENERATION. We will have our time again. :thup: Lets just hope we don't have to wait until Ashley sells up for that to happen.

Was on a flight back from Spain as the game played out, so didn't expect to hear the score 'til we landed. Then an announcement from the cockpit tells us we're 2-0 down with 10 mins left. Loads of mackems punching the air in front of me. Truly awful. Terror at 30,000 feet. Just beat them in March and hopefully they'll be on their way to the championship by then. Hopefully not with us in tow.

The Football Association's law on impeding an opponent says: " A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.

"If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent."

- by definition it wasn't a foul or penalty or red card