Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Someone remind me how the referee caused us to let that second in. The third was exactly what we did to Norwich a few times last week, nobody was complaining.

Great performance though, all the ref's fault we lost.

Someone remind me how the referee caused us to let that second in.

And how he caused Johnson to hit the bar with Elliott beaten.

We were down to 10 men man  :lol:

Being down to 10 men means you can't defend corners in any way? Free header and tapped in by some random on the line.

We'd have had another man back in the box though surely? Or potentially someone else tighter to Johnson before he gets his shot away? Not disagreeing with you per se but you can't say that the red card didn't influence the match.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have no problem with the we were robbed angle if we'd scored in the first half which we dominated and didn't consede another two after the decision. There's no doubt that it changed the game but we still didn't fight back against and even nab a draw against a team that's far worse than our own. And I say that fully in the knowledge that our team is pretty shit.

I'd have no problem with the we were robbed angle if we'd scored in the first half which we dominated and didn't consede another two after the decision. There's no doubt that it changed the game but we still didn't fight back against and even nab a draw against a team that's far worse than our own. And I say that fully in the knowledge that our team is pretty shit.

Exactly. They're fucking wank man. And they still beat us three fucking nil! Absolutely embarrassing.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that we might look like the 'better team' in a lot of losses this season, given the decent front 4 / god awful back 5 combo. No matter how many slow as fuck lethargic curly haired fuck faces get sent off.

I think they where successful in kicking Ayoze out the game. Ayoze needs to be more resilient but against any other team the  3rd foul against him in the first half the player should get booked.

Ayoze was resilient, he kept getting back up after being hacked down. You can be the best player in the world but if the ref is going to allow the opposition to kick you out of the game then it's harder to make an impact.

I'd have no problem with the we were robbed angle if we'd scored in the first half which we dominated and didn't consede another two after the decision. There's no doubt that it changed the game but we still didn't fight back against and even nab a draw against a team that's far worse than our own. And I say that fully in the knowledge that our team is pretty s***.

Exactly. They're f***ing w*** man. And they still beat us three f***ing nil! Absolutely embarrassing.

strange reaction for me. We dominated with 11 men and with periods for ten. We had a great chance at 1-0 to equalise and their third was scored when everyone was committed. I've no issues with nufc today, we were absolutely fucked by the ref.

Whilst the 2nd and 3rd goal weren't a direct result of the decision, it set a general theme of us having to chase the game whilst one man down. Without that decision, it's a completely different second half strategy. We certainly wouldn't have thrown everyone forward and get caught out for the last goal.

I guess it's all hypothetical now, anyway.

I'd have no problem with the we were robbed angle if we'd scored in the first half which we dominated and didn't consede another two after the decision. There's no doubt that it changed the game but we still didn't fight back against and even nab a draw against a team that's far worse than our own. And I say that fully in the knowledge that our team is pretty s***.

Exactly. They're f***ing w*** man. And they still beat us three f***ing nil! Absolutely embarrassing.

strange reaction for me. We dominated with 11 men and with periods for ten. We had a great chance at 1-0 to equalise and their third was scored when everyone was committed. I've no issues with nufc today, we were absolutely fucked by the ref.

I mean, we were the "better team", but we didn't convert chances (with XI or X), and we conceded an array of soft as fuck goals. No matter how wank the ref was, we could've done a lot better than a 3-0 humbling.

Guest neesy111

I mean, we were the "better team", but we didn't convert chances (with XI or X), and we conceded an array of soft as fuck goals. No matter how wank the ref was, we could've done a lot better than a 3-0 humbling.

I saw us create only 2 chances that were proper goal scoring opportunities, colback and mitrovic all game, rest were 1/2 chances.

Guest firetotheworks

Being fucked by the ref isn't new though. The thing is, you're talking about us dominating...we didn't score and conceded three. Sunderland are absolutely atrocious, I said it before but any pre-Ashley/Pardew manager would have had us fighting back to a 1-1 against a team that terrible. It's absolutely embarrassing the way that it's being excused imo. It was 3-0, it wasn't 1-0. If it had been you'd have a point.

We could quite easily have scored three goals in that first half if we'd had our shooting boots on. We opened them up a few times but scuffed the shots every time. Last week every one flew in. Sometimes it just one of those days. Sunderland looked punch drunk before the ref handed them the game.

Dominating an pile of shite like Sunderland for 44mins with 11 men and still not being able to score a goal just isn't fucking good enough. Dominating them with 10 fucking men and still not being able to score whilst shipping two more goals makes that first half even worse. We're back to the old 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine' horseshit cliché.

We've now played half of the league and we've only got six points, we're second bottom, we've conceded the joint most goals and we've the joint worst goal difference. Sorry but I'm finding it pretty difficult to take the positives from losing 3-0 to the only club in the league that genuinely looked worse than us, crap refereeing decision or otherwise.

Guest neesy111

Dominating an pile of shite like Sunderland for 44mins with 11 men and still not being able to score a goal just isn't fucking good enough. Dominating them with 10 fucking men and still not being able to score whilst shipping two more goals is even worse. We're back to the old 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine' horseshit cliché.

We've now played half of the league and we've only got six points, we're second bottom, we've conceded the joint most goals and we've the joint worst goal difference. Sorry but I'm finding it pretty difficult to take the positives from losing 3-0 to the only club in the league that genuinely looked worse than us, crap refereeing decision or otherwise.

Same.  Too many got way carried away with the norwich result which imo massively flattered us.

Even at 10 men we could have made it 1-1 with Mitrovic. We created enough chances- but unlike the mackems- didn't take any of them.

Sky sports have a totally uneducated and delusional way of publishing football; that if you have more possession and don't win it's some sort of shock, undeserved loss. It doesn't work that way. But in saying that, we had more possession, chances and were better than them except for finishing- whi ch ultimately matters the most.

However you dissect it, it's nearly impossible to stomach yet another defeat. I'm still angry at Pardew etc but not at McClaren.

I saw us create only 2 chances that were proper goal scoring opportunities, colback and mitrovic all game, rest were 1/2 chances.

Colo's volley from the corner when he was about 4 yards out. He was all set to lash that in but he was getting his shirt pulled and ended up scuffing it. Wijnaldum, Sissoko and perez also hit weak shots from good positions.

Someone remind me how the referee caused us to let that second in.

And how he caused Johnson to hit the bar with Elliott beaten.

We were down to 10 men man  :lol:

Being down to 10 men means you can't defend corners in any way? Free header and tapped in by some random on the line.

When did they work it into midfield for a free shot on the edge of the area when we had 11 men? Thats what lead to the corner. They have an extra man in midfield & our men are working harder. The shot doesnt get closed down quickly enough. Set piece reaction was poor.

Bar that it obviously effected everything. They didnt look like having real attacks when we had 11 men, let alone scoring 3. They had barely any when we had 10 men. And Sunderland are not that bad at defending with everyone behind the ball.

Dominating an pile of shite like Sunderland for 44mins with 11 men and still not being able to score a goal just isn't fucking good enough. Dominating them with 10 fucking men and still not being able to score whilst shipping two more goals makes that first half even worse. We're back to the old 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine' horseshit cliché.

I think it's true, tbh. If this team is fit, motivated and playing well - we'll win more games than the likes of Bournemouth, the Mackems and Norwich this season. We've got more quality than them, simply. We won't finish high, obviously.

I only saw the first 35 minutes or so but I thought we looked worlds apart from a relegated team.

We're not a good one, though, and bullshit setbacks like the pen/red card will always result in us floundering.

Dominating an pile of s**** like Sunderland for 44mins with 11 men and still not being able to score a goal just isn't f***ing good enough. Dominating them with 10 f***ing men and still not being able to score whilst shipping two more goals makes that first half even worse. We're back to the old 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine' horseshit cliché.

Agreed. The fact that we went on to lose 3-0 was not all the ref's fault, it was ours for being a bunch of gutless twats against the shittest team in the league, again.

Guest firetotheworks

We could quite easily have scored three goals in that first half if we'd had our shooting boots on. We opened them up a few times but scuffed the shots every time. Last week every one flew in. Sometimes it just one of those days. Sunderland looked punch drunk before the ref handed them the game.

But we didn't quite easily score three goals in that first half though. Can we not stick to what actually happened instead of counting our chances as goals and ignoring them scoring three times? It wasn't just one of those days either :lol: This is the sixth time in a row man.