Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Steve Brenner

‏@SunSteveBrenner

Imagine being called a peadophile by 5,000 people and then scoring to shut them up. The wonders of sport .

:undecided: bit of a weird tweet, that.

A real win for the little guy there

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but this is one of those occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

Take your point, but you're surely not asserting that if you 'pack your team with experience, a competent defence, leadership, and a proven goalscorer' this in anyway prevents  being ' utterly bitten in the arse' by bad decisions? Doesn't make any difference. Just as the former, doesn't guarantee results, may well increase the probability; no guarantees. We needed to score, and should have scored when dominating. Crowd were silenced, their defence looked nervous as fuck, if we'd scored I think they'd have crumbled. First goal was always going to be crucial today; man, how crucial it was.

Agree with KI's general assessment of the club, but today we put out a team better than Sunderland and outplayed them for most of the time. One crazy moment denied us a win.

Canny ridiculous to say it denied us a win seeing as we didn't score a goal. One of the 3-0s at home, all the excuses were about Cisse being ruled offside for a goal. Does no other team get a bad decision against sunderland, seeing as it's only us that they absolutely thrash consistently? Sick of hearing the excuses.

Precisely.

It wasn't one bad decision, it was a succession culminating with Cattermole somehow not getting booked and us with 10 men.

We were the better team until the fluke 2nd goal and then it fell apart, pull yourselves together ffs.

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but I this is one of the occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

Love you too Ron, but I just can't take that today. They were nothing, not that we were great, they were just nothing until they had the game handed to them.

The inexperience you talk of is also pretty much all we have to love at the club with Mitro, Perez, Chancel etc.

They didn't deserve that today imo.

Also, following the bolded point, what does our choice of recruitment have to do with awful ref decisions?

I think the point  he's making is that if we had a centre half capable of reading the game properly then the ball is mopped up and the ref has no decision to make.

Batter them in the first half. :lol:

We couldn't score or come close against one of the worst defences in English football.

Eh?  We completely dominated the game with 11 men and could easily have been 2 or 3 up.

But we weren't 2 or 3 up. man. Please stop being a tool. :lol:

I'll be alright thanks.  The day I take instructions from you will be a sad day indeed.

Guest firetotheworks

Easy to look at the ridiculous refereeing decisions like, but this carries on for as long as Ashley's here really. All the little reasons during matches are just insignificant sidenotes to the fact that the identity of our club and the idea of any club, but in this case our's, has been completely gutted from the inside out to the extent that the quagmire has engulfed our own fanbase and our identity as fans is supporting something because it bears a name and nothing more.

There's no real desire to compete from owner to chairman, to staff, players and fans. Players that do are touted to bigger clubs by the media and our own club alike, fans that do are told they're deluded by the media, other fans and our own fans - such has Ashley stamped his identity upon NUFC.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so shit in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is fucking embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Our identity as a club has almost entirely gone like. This is the one we have now, I don't see the one we had anywhere at any level.

did you watch the game? this seems like an emo note to failure from someone who didn't watch what unfolded

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, shit ref or not.

looking at the referee is a sidenote?

you've all lost it, totally lost it like

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as shit as that. Do you disagree with that point?

Agree with KI's general assessment of the club, but today we put out a team better than Sunderland and outplayed them for most of the time. One crazy moment denied us a win.

Canny ridiculous to say it denied us a win seeing as we didn't score a goal. One of the 3-0s at home, all the excuses were about Cisse being ruled offside for a goal. Does no other team get a bad decision against sunderland, seeing as it's only us that they absolutely thrash consistently? Sick of hearing the excuses.

Precisely.

It wasn't one bad decision, it was a succession culminating with Cattermole somehow not getting booked and us with 10 men.

We were the better team until the fluke 2nd goal and then it fell apart, pull yourselves together ffs.

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but I this is one of the occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

Love you too Ron, but I just can't take that today. They were nothing, not that we were great, they were just nothing until they had the game handed to them.

The inexperience you talk of is also pretty much all we have to love at the club with Mitro, Perez, Chancel etc.

Also, following the bolded point, what does our choice of recruitment have to do with awful ref decisions?

Think he's saying if Colo gets to the ball first there wouldn't be an issue. Maybe on the inexperience or lack of leadership thing as well, after Cattermole's second bad foul our players should have been in the ref's ear about him

is he?  i don't know because as per he's laced a statement with loads of hyperbole and innuendo without properly stating an opinion

Precisely.

I think the point  he's making is that if we had a centre half capable of reading the game properly then the ball is mopped up and the ref has no decision to make.

but it's not, the point he made was our recruitment policy somehow means we should take it up the arse off refs :lol:

Easy to look at the ridiculous refereeing decisions like, but this carries on for as long as Ashley's here really. All the little reasons during matches are just insignificant sidenotes to the fact that the identity of our club and the idea of any club, but in this case our's, has been completely gutted from the inside out to the extent that the quagmire has engulfed our own fanbase and our identity as fans is supporting something because it bears a name and nothing more.

There's no real desire to compete from owner to chairman, to staff, players and fans. Players that do are touted to bigger clubs by the media and our own club alike, fans that do are told they're deluded by the media, other fans and our own fans - such has Ashley stamped his identity upon NUFC.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so shit in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is fucking embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Our identity as a club has almost entirely gone like. This is the one we have now, I don't see the one we had anywhere at any level.

did you watch the game? this seems like an emo note to failure from someone who didn't watch what unfolded

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, shit ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as shit as that. Do you disagree with that point?

howay man?  the ref directly cost us a goal but the sending off dictated the rest

amazed at some stuff tonight like

We couldn't score or come close against one of the worst defences in English football.

Eh?  We completely dominated the game with 11 men and could easily have been 2 or 3 up.

I'll be alright thanks.  The day I take instructions from you will be a sad day indeed.

Its not a strong point anyway.

Sunderland last season:

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

Sunderland 0-0 Swansea

Sunderland 1-1 Man Utd

Sunderland 0-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 0-0 Sunderland

They have proven that if they sit back they can keep a game tight. Its hardly ridiculous to not score when they get everyone behind the ball, thats all they are good for. Its when they dont do that they are vulnerable. Southamptons 8-0 was the same season as the above results. Its how they approach the game.

Guest firetotheworks

howay man?  the ref directly cost us a goal but the sending off dictated the rest

You haven't answered the question. :lol:

Its not a strong point anyway.

Sunderland last season:

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

Sunderland 0-0 Swansea

Sunderland 1-1 Man Utd

Sunderland 0-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 0-0 Sunderland

They have proven that if they sit back they can keep a game tight. Its hardly ridiculous to not score when they get everyone behind the ball, thats all they are good for. Its when they dont do that they are vulnerable. Southamptons 8-0 was the same season as the above results. Its how they approach the game.

Jayson, you're not reading the script.  It's down to Ashley.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so s*** in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is f***ing embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, s*** ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as s*** as that. Do you disagree with that point?

It would have been 1-1 if Mitro hadnt missed a sitter tbf. The main issue ive seen is our ability to close players down. Fletchers looped deflected shot that went out for the corner for the 2nd, was a result of no one going to him quickly enough. Bar that they've lucked out with the man being sent off & penalty.

Steve Brenner

‏@SunSteveBrenner

Imagine being called a peadophile by 5,000 people and then scoring to shut them up. The wonders of sport .

He just understands how hard it can be to be outed as a paedo.

Honestly missed it.  The answer is maybe.  In all my years watching Newcastle coming back from a goal down with 10 men has not been one of our strengths if I'm honest.  It's not something I feel should happen though today they had a go and got caught with a shitty deflected 2nd goal, hence I don't get the outrage/depression.

Steve Brenner

‏@SunSteveBrenner

Condoning paedophilia.  What a nice bloke.

I saw that tweet earlier followed by the perfect response:

"Imagine being a peadophile"

I thought we did try to fight back, should have equalised but then ended up conceding more goals while chasing the game. Pretty hard to fight back when you are behind and down to 10 men. If the score was 0-0 then that's a different matter, we could just took a striker off and defended.

I thought we did try to fight back, should have equalised but then ended up conceding more goals while chasing the game. Pretty hard to fight back when you are behind and down to 10 men. If the score was 0-0 then that's a different matter, we could just took a striker off and defended.

This is what I said aye, we came back well enough but the second goal was a sucker punch, it doesn't render the rest of the performance invalid.

On bbc:

Madley though believed there was an infringement and, having awarded the penalty, was left with little choice but to send him off for preventing a goalscoring opportunity.

The Football Association's law on impeding an opponent says: " A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.

"If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent."

Its not even debatable.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so s*** in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is f***ing embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Yeah, I watched it until 2-0. The referee was terrible yes, but I think looking at the referee is just a sidenote. Pre-Pardew/Ashley Newcastle teams 1-0 down and a man down would have fought back to a 1-1 against a team as pitiful as that, s*** ref or not.

You'd have a point if we'd lost 1-0. It is a sidenote, as I've said, pre Pardew/Ashley teams would have fought back for a draw in that situation against a team as s*** as that. Do you disagree with that point?

I'm not confident that teams put out by Souness, Roeder or Allardyce would have fought back. SBR and KK, sure but we are pretty damn far from those times, were even before Ashley arrived.

On bbc:

Madley though believed there was an infringement and, having awarded the penalty, was left with little choice but to send him off for preventing a goalscoring opportunity.

The Football Association's law on impeding an opponent says: " A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.

"If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent."

Its not even debatable.

Of course it's not. Have you ever seen a penalty given for a shoulder charge before? Like fuck.