Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Batter them in the first half. :lol:

We couldn't score or come close against one of the worst defences in English football.

They were always going to get men behind the ball like that though with Allardyce, they had nothing going forwards. Sunderland have done the 0-0 routine before with the exact same players against better opposition than us. Its when they attack in games they get taken apart.

Agree with KI's general assessment of the club, but today we put out a team better than Sunderland and outplayed them for most of the time. One crazy moment denied us a win.

Canny ridiculous to say it denied us a win seeing as we didn't score a goal. One of the 3-0s at home, all the excuses were about Cisse being ruled offside for a goal. Does no other team get a bad decision against sunderland, seeing as it's only us that they absolutely thrash consistently? Sick of hearing the excuses.

Precisely.

It wasn't one bad decision, it was a succession culminating with Cattermole somehow not getting booked and us with 10 men.

We were the better team until the fluke 2nd goal and then it fell apart, pull yourselves together ffs.

We couldn't score or come close against one of the worst defences in English football.

There was some fairly feeble finishing today though, we created some decent chances. Last week we put them all away, today every shot was a mis-hit.

Lascelles looks all right. Make Gini captain and tell Colo to fuck off.

Gini's effort in this second half has been disgraceful

what?  :lol:

i know you love moussas's schlong but fuck me that's the worst statement i've heard in a long while

He was anonymous for most of the second half and never got back to help. Sissoko actually put in a few decent crosses from what I saw

you're blinded by his schlong, or something, mental opinion

:lol: Given the backlash think I might just be a massive racist and got them mixed up tbh

yeah gini was the one running about, tackling and running with the ball, moussa was the one standing around doing nothing

That's just wrong on Sissoko like, your agenda against him is thicker than mine for him. I'll accept I'm wrong on Wijnaldum but to say Sissoko did nothing and just stood around is wrong

me and me old man were sat looking for him all second half and he was always just standing about, i fucking saw it, it's not an agenda, he was terrible

He put in at least 3 good crosses in the second half and towards the end when moved more central he was picking the ball up deep and driving the team forward. He also tried to get back when they countered which no other attacking player was doing

I thought Sissoko was pretty decent as well tbh. You only have to look at Thauvin giving the ball up at the slightest hint of a challenge to appreciate Sissoko's ability to hold the ball under pressure. Both him and Wijnaldum were our best creative threats.

:thup: And I admit I was wrong about Gini not trying

good lad :thup:

Our bad luck today was unbelievable, but we are still the better team. If any team scores early against Sunderland in future games they are knackered because all they do is counter attack

Look at the refs last two games reffed for us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/obvious-handball-goes-unpunished-as-southampton-holds-on-for-2-1-win-over-newcastle-222518378.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29233096 (Red for abeid)

He has 2 red cards & a missed penalty call in the last 3 games hes reffed against us. Dodgy as f*** man.

Would need to see his whole record. He might just be a really shit ref.

Eh?  We completely dominated the game with 11 men and could easily have been 2 or 3 up.

Agree with KI's general assessment of the club, but today we put out a team better than Sunderland and outplayed them for most of the time. One crazy moment denied us a win.

Canny ridiculous to say it denied us a win seeing as we didn't score a goal. One of the 3-0s at home, all the excuses were about Cisse being ruled offside for a goal. Does no other team get a bad decision against sunderland, seeing as it's only us that they absolutely thrash consistently? Sick of hearing the excuses.

Precisely.

It wasn't one bad decision, it was a succession culminating with Cattermole somehow not getting booked and us with 10 men.

We were the better team until the fluke 2nd goal and then it fell apart, pull yourselves together ffs.

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but this is one of those occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

Eh?  We completely dominated the game with 11 men and could easily have been 2 or 3 up.

But we weren't 2 or 3 up. man. Please stop being a tool. :lol:

Precisely.

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but I this is one of the occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

I don't think anyone's arguing that we should have spent on a big centre back, but that doesn't excuse a ref sending off our player for a shoulder charge and then encouraging Cattermole to land drop kicks on Perez with a pat on the arse and a smile.

I'm with you on this. Dominating is turning that good play into goals. 

Exactly. We had 45mins to go 1-0 up and we couldn't. They took their chances and we didn't.  No matter which way you look at it it's a truly disgraceful result and, in the past when the club actually had dignity, this result was a sackable offence.  Any loss to these cunts was.

Look at the refs last two games reffed for us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/obvious-handball-goes-unpunished-as-southampton-holds-on-for-2-1-win-over-newcastle-222518378.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29233096 (Red for abeid)

He has 2 red cards & a missed penalty call in the last 3 games hes reffed against us. Dodgy as f*** man.

Would need to see his whole record. He might just be a really s*** ref.

Its all here:

Go back a couple seasons & he fucking loves a red card.

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1189&season_id=143

Precisely.

Mojo, me and you get on and I think you're a smashing lad but I this is one of the occasions me and you often arrive at where it's obvious we're gonna take opposing views. I believe in football you make your own luck and if you're going to lace your team with inexperience, defensive incompetence, no leadership and no proven goalscorer you're asking to be utterly bitten in the arse with decisions from time to time.

Love you too Ron, but I just can't take that today. They were nothing, not that we were great, they were just nothing until they had the game handed to them.

The inexperience you talk of is also pretty much all we have to love at the club with Mitro, Perez, Chancel etc.

They didn't deserve that today imo.

Also, following the bolded point, what does our choice of recruitment have to do with awful ref decisions?

Refs shouldn't be making calls like that off a fucking shoulder barge.

We should have buried that shit team inside 40 mins.

We have a sackless useless captain who is slow and crap. But even harsh to be sent off

Shit goalie who should have come out sooner

We need to solve CB issue and GK issue this January or we are going down for sure.

Guest antz1uk

Precisely.

I don't think anyone's arguing that we should have spent on a big centre back, but that doesn't excuse a ref sending off our player for a shoulder charge and then encouraging Cattermole to land drop kicks on Perez with a pat on the arse and a smile.

Exactly. We had 45mins to go 1-0 up and we couldn't. They took their chances and we didn't.  No matter which way you look at it it's a truly disgraceful result and, in the past when the club actually had dignity, this result was a sackable offence.  Any loss to these c***s was.

No. You cant expect a side with 10 men to outscore an opposition who were already sitting back and have just been gifted a penalty & an extra player man. What level of bizarre expectations are those. Seriously.

We outplayed them, we could've created more. But you always get games like this when teams sit back endlessly.

Has Steve said owt yet?  I'm hoping he's going to say "the referee was abominable and to a large extent cost us the game" and just take the fine tbh

Precisely.

Love you too Ron, but I just can't take that today. They were nothing, not that we were great, they were just nothing until they had the game handed to them.

The inexperience you talk of is also pretty much all we have to love at the club with Mitro, Perez, Chancel etc.

They didn't deserve that today imo.

Also, following the bolded point, what does our choice of recruitment have to do with awful ref decisions?

Think he's saying if Colo gets to the ball first there wouldn't be an issue. Maybe on the inexperience or lack of leadership thing as well, after Cattermole's second bad foul our players should have been in the ref's ear about him

Steve Brenner

‏@SunSteveBrenner

Imagine being called a peadophile by 5,000 people and then scoring to shut them up. The wonders of sport .

:undecided: bit of a weird tweet, that.

I'd just rather not be a fucking peado, but maybe that's just me.

Guest firetotheworks

Easy to look at the ridiculous refereeing decisions like, but this carries on for as long as Ashley's here really. All the little reasons during matches are just insignificant sidenotes to the fact that the identity of our club and the idea of any club, but in this case our's, has been completely gutted from the inside out to the extent that the quagmire has engulfed our own fanbase and our identity as fans is supporting something because it bears a name and nothing more.

There's no real desire to compete from owner to chairman, to staff, players and fans. Players that do are touted to bigger clubs by the media and our own club alike, fans that do are told they're deluded by the media, other fans and our own fans - such has Ashley stamped his identity upon NUFC.

Other fans seem to wear failure as a badge of honour, as if to only prove their endurance for being relentlessly lied to, sold to, mocked and then asked for help in the form of not protesting, so that it doesn't 'affect the players' who by in quality and quantity alone are just one byproduct of why the atmosphere is so s*** in the first place. People now go into derbies just not wanting to be embarrassed. That alone is f***ing embarrassing and it's only something that goes unnoticed because it's gradual. That outlook in 2008 would have been laughed at and it should be now.

Our identity as a club has almost entirely gone like. This is the one we have now, I don't see the one we had anywhere at any level.

That's been generally the case for Ashley's entire tenure yes, but can you honestly say that we weren't clearly the better side today? The players were up for it, AND played football. We were miles better than the shit we were served up in the previous 5 defeats. It was nowhere the near the non-descript performances under al pards and carver.

We've played way worse and won, but that's the point. The mentality from top to bottom is rotten. I'm not really bothered if we played better tbh.

Steve Brenner

‏@SunSteveBrenner

Imagine being called a peadophile by 5,000 people and then scoring to shut them up. The wonders of sport .

:undecided: bit of a weird tweet, that.

Imagine being a journalist and not being able to spell.