Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Clubs have players sent off all the time, often unfairly. People make it sound like this is a totally unexpected occurance that meant we automatically forfeited getting anything from the match. A match against the worst team in the country.

There are no excuses.

You don't think that wrongly being down to 10 men and a goal down is a legitimate excuse? As shit as Sunderland are, that's a substantial handicap. Even then, we were still playing all the football until they grabbed a fluky second.

We went onto the field with a substantial handicap. It's called non-investment and failure to address the real issues facing the squad in favour of prioritising short-term profit.

Got the shock of my life when I saw the full-time score.

I saw the first 30 minutes and thought we were in total control. We'd forced two really good chances that both fell to that carthorse Colback, who fluffed them both. Couldn't believe it when I saw the score a couple of hours later.

Can I assume we dominated the first half, then completely fell to pieces after the hammerblow in stoppage time?

And yes, we played pretty well in the first half. We still lost 3-0.

Exactly this team is in deep shit and some people on here are either blind, sheep or totally clueless.

Clubs have players sent off all the time, often unfairly. People make it sound like this is a totally unexpected occurance that meant we automatically forfeited getting anything from the match. A match against the worst team in the country.

There are no excuses.

You don't think that wrongly being down to 10 men and a goal down is a legitimate excuse? As shit as Sunderland are, that's a substantial handicap. Even then, we were still playing all the football until they grabbed a fluky second.

We went onto the field with a substantial handicap. It's called non-investment and failure to address the real issues facing the squad in favour of prioritising short-term profit.

I simply can not see past this.

Wasn't a peno or red btw- fucking scandalous decision. But our lack of quality from wide areas left us vulnerable to that counter attack. In saying that, we should have had a peno right before it. Everything that could go wrong today did, but we didn't do ourselves any favours.

I'll be seething for a long time - that decision voided the game as far as I'm concerned. None of this 6-in-a-row bollocks.

We were dominant and well on the way to winning when that absolute scumbag referee decided to make a name for himself. Not just that ludicrous penalty, but letting all their tackles go without a single yellow. Cattermole's assaults still brought nothing.

It was one of the most biased refereeing performances I've ever seen. He wasn't even hiding it.

This one doesn't count.

I'll be seething for a long time - that decision voided the game as far as I'm concerned. None of this 6-in-a-row bollocks.

We were dominant and well on the way to winning when that absolute scumbag referee decided to make a name for himself. Not just that ludicrous penalty, but letting all their tackles go without a single yellow. Cattermole's assaults still brought nothing.

It was one of the most biased refereeing performances I've ever seen. He wasn't even hiding it.

This one doesn't count.

Spot on. Ignoring our recruitment policy, this was a disgrace in terms of refereeing performances.

Exactly this team is in deep s*** and some people on here are either blind, sheep or totally clueless.

This train of thought makes no sense. You cannot just ignore context due to the result when its so heavily weighted.

We lost a man & a goal, the whole momentum switched. Mitrovic then missed a sitter & we have to attack. Our side is obviously not good enough to defend games out, we've seen that already. Expecting 10 men to take it too them is unrealistic, anyone outside the top 2/3 would struggle.

I'm saying 'we'll beat them next time' because this was the first derby since pre-Pardew where we were the better team by a country mile, not because I'm giving it the big one. And yes, being a goal down and down to ten men is a pretty major thing to happen in a game. How anyone can look at that performance and criticise anyone involved on our side is crazy IMO.

Exactly this team is in deep shit and some people on here are either blind, sheep or totally clueless.

Or they are talking about this game and not the running of the club in general. We were good up until the sending off. If I thought it was justified I could accept the argument that we brought it on ourselves, but we didn't. We were robbed in this game specifically, and I'm not talking about the other 6 losses which are irrelevant here.

There are no excuses.

You don't think that wrongly being down to 10 men and a goal down is a legitimate excuse? As s*** as Sunderland are, that's a substantial handicap. Even then, we were still playing all the football until they grabbed a fluky second.

Do you think Sunderland are a well-run club by comparison like? I'm not disagreeing with you, but they are just as rudderless, inept and apathetic at the top as we are. It was a match between two laughably run football clubs, decided on a whim by an awful call. As much as I dislike Ashley, the club's business model and all the rest of it, it can't explain every single defeat or shit refereeing decision that comes our way.

There are no excuses.

You don't think that wrongly being down to 10 men and a goal down is a legitimate excuse? As s*** as Sunderland are, that's a substantial handicap. Even then, we were still playing all the football until they grabbed a fluky second.

Do you think Sunderland are a well-run club by comparison like? I'm not disagreeing with you, but they are just as rudderless, inept and apathetic at the top as we are. It was a match between two laughably run football clubs, decided on a whim by an awful call. As much as I dislike Ashley, the club's business model and all the rest of it, it can't explain every single defeat or shit refereeing decision that comes our way.

Six in a row is an incredible coincidence if there's not some underlying reason behind it.

Or you just have an agenda, and despite clear evidence against that agenda youll ignore it and carry on stating that opinion like it's fact, and if people oppose that opinion you'll just insult them.

There are no excuses.

Six in a row is an incredible coincidence if there's not some underlying reason behind it.

I don't think your being fair if you compare the previous six with this one like. I think the worst thing about those defeats was that we deserved them. Yes we lost 3-0 in the end but that was never happening without the red card.

There are no excuses.

There was nothing fluky about the second, it was plain rank defending.

Got the shock of my life when I saw the full-time score.

I saw the first 30 minutes and thought we were in total control. We'd forced two really good chances that both fell to that carthorse Colback, who fluffed them both. Couldn't believe it when I saw the score a couple of hours later.

Can I assume we dominated the first half, then completely fell to pieces after the hammerblow in stoppage time?

Nope. We controlled most of the game. They scored with their only 3 shots on target. Second goal was a major deflection from a set piece and the third was after we had over committed trying to get a goal late on.

There are no excuses.

Do you think Sunderland are a well-run club by comparison like? I'm not disagreeing with you, but they are just as rudderless, inept and apathetic at the top as we are. It was a match between two laughably run football clubs, decided on a whim by an awful call. As much as I dislike Ashley, the club's business model and all the rest of it, it can't explain every single defeat or s*** refereeing decision that comes our way.

I don't think your being fair if you compare the previous six with this one like. I think the worst thing about those defeats was that we deserved them. Yes we lost 3-0 in the end but that was never happening without the red card.

Which is why this one hurts. We for once seemed up for it and in control but completely shot ourselves in the foot with a moment of stupidity.

I've always hated the penalty/straight red combo* and today proved why. Even if it's the right decision - obviously todays was shambolic - it changes the game significantly. Too much ruined by one decision.

* unless it's a handball on the line.

I've always hated the penalty/straight red combo* and today proved why. Even if it's the right decision - obviously todays was shambolic - it changes the game significantly. Too much ruined by one decision.

It was the wrong decision because there was no goal scoring opportunity. Elliot had it covered.

The goalscoring opportunity is immediately reimbursed with the penalty, too. Obviously this discussion only comes up when one goes against you, but it's a bad rule.

one upon a time, it was really only used if a player was totally rinsed when through, now seems applied to any challenge- ridiculous tbh.

Exactly, as many rules these days it comes from something logical but has become bastardised. Straight red for a deliberate foul as the last man makes complete sense. See Solskjaer on Rob Lee.

But stuff like constant straight reds plus pens for keepers because they are clumsy and obviously provide the last line of defending is dumb.