Newcastle 0-0 Stoke - 31/10/15 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 16.

Mike

pathetic as ever, but kinda numb to this now.

Quite the opposite for me. Thought we looked pretty dangerous going forward and had better balance as well. Defense played well.

The difference between a draw and a win was Butland who saved at least 3 certain goals.

Overal I thought it was our best and most balanced performance so far. We'll be fine if we continue to play like that.

Should probably have won but just like last week (1st half) it was lots of good passing without looking overly threatening.

It's all much too narrow, if we're gonna play with two tucked in wide men we have to push the fullbacks much further up to provide some width. Wasting Mitrovic by not getting any service into the box.

We need some fucking results like. Got to say that even though I though we were pretty poor today, prefer watching that by a mile than most of Pardew's shite.

Stoke look just like a Pardew side tbh.

Played well enough second half but no cutting edge, for all Butland's good work most were straight at him. Sissoko especially should've scored.

I thought that was a good save tbh, Butland stuck out a leg and got enough on it to deflect it wide.

De Jong is just really slow at everything. Sissoko burst out of defence once and passed it to him in a good position to create a counter and he just turned back to get a free kick instead

Nah. Was a poor pass behind De Jong and he wasn't happy. Was nowhere else to go at that point.

No urgency and poor finishing. We just can't win football matches.

Poor finishing?????

Nah.

Attempts straight at the keeper don't constitute good finishing, like.

None were clear cut though except headers from set pieces. The Lascelles one was the most clear cut and Butland made a fantastic save. We don't create enough clear cut chances would be a far more valid criticism to make.

De Jong is just really slow at everything. Sissoko burst out of defence once and passed it to him in a good position to create a counter and he just turned back to get a free kick instead

Nah. Was a poor pass behind De Jong and he wasn't happy. Was nowhere else to go at that point.

Disagree but would have to see it again to be sure

Still can't get over Mitrovic's play acting. Beyond embarrassing. :lol:

He took a shoulder in the face like. And with this ref he'd have got nothing if he hadn't went down.

He pushed that Wellshite lad over and then ran and barged into him first tbf. He was trying to get him sent off and just looked like a prat.

I thought the ref was good too tbh, far better than the daft cunts trying to make the game about them.

Still can't get over Mitrovic's play acting. Beyond embarrassing. :lol:

He took a shoulder in the face like. And with this ref he'd have got nothing if he hadn't went down.

It was embarrassing, but as I said before they were all over him and he got nothing until he started hoying himself on the floor. That's the ref's fault.

Another 2 points dropped at home against a team in 14th pace who we're 6 points off - I keep saying it you can't keep doing it - 7 points out of 11 is a fucking disgrace and it will not change with this bloke in charge. There is no width what so ever in this team and the quality of crosses into the box is totally dire. Bringing DeJong on and pushing Perez out wide was a total waste.