Newcastle 0-0 Stoke - 31/10/15 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 16.

Mike

Still can't get over Mitrovic's play acting. Beyond embarrassing. :lol:

He took a shoulder in the face like. And with this ref he'd have got nothing if he hadn't went down.

It was embarrassing, but as I said before they were all over him and he got nothing until he started hoying himself on the floor. That's the ref's fault.

Exactly. Find it hard to believe others don't see this. If the ref does the job then players wouldn't need to go down.

Butland was too good today. On another day we take 3 points.

We've failed to score in 6 out of our 11 league games - more than half. We can't keep saying to opposition goalkeeper is too good. Proper finishers give the goalkeeper no chance.

Exactly

He took a shoulder in the face like. And with this ref he'd have got nothing if he hadn't went down.

It didn't look like much of a shoulder on replay. I acknowledge there was contact but I still think he made a meal of it.

It didn't look like much of a shoulder on replay. I acknowledge there was contact but I still think he made a meal of it.

He did make a meal of it, otherwise the ref was just going to let it go. The defender definitely moved his shoulder into his face, it's a foul no question.

Butland this week, referee last week - who should we blame next week? If we could just finish games then all this luck s**** wouldn't make a difference

not so sure about today's ref. 4 or 5 occasions we had breaks on and deliberate fouls/pull backs stopped them. These are always immediate yellows..... Not today, culminating in the blatant, no attempt at the ball, purely to stop the break foul on mbemba near the end. Again, free kick, no card and no reason for them to stop doing it.

Butland this week, referee last week - who should we blame next week? If we could just finish games then all this luck s**** wouldn't make a difference

not so sure about today's ref. 4 or 5 occasions we had breaks on and deliberate fouls/pull backs stopped them. These are always immediate yellows..... Not today, culminating in the blatant, no attempt at the ball, purely to stop the break foul on mbemba near the end. Again, free kick, no card and no reason for them to stop doing it.

:thup: It was blatant, but why not if you can get away with it?

:thup: It was blatant, but why not if you can get away with it?

I Agree, just why do we get done for it and others don't and isn't it basic,craps officiating. Not blaming stoke for it btw.

He did make a meal of it, otherwise the ref was just going to let it go. The defender definitely moved his shoulder into his face, it's a foul no question.

If it was the other way around I'm pretty sure Mitrovic would have been sent off like. Ref let them away with it all game.

On the Mitrovic incident I said when it happened to book them both and get on with it, ref made the right call there.

The rest of the performance was good, quite unlucky not to win against a Stoke side who always seem to come to SJP with no tactic beyond being spoilers. Performances have picked up and as long as they continue, wins will follow.

It was embarrassing, but as I said before they were all over him and he got nothing until he started hoying himself on the floor. That's the ref's fault.

Exactly. Find it hard to believe others don't see this. If the ref does the job then players wouldn't need to go down.

What an appalling attitude.

Inexperience showed today, plus the lack of leadership thing too. Made some great openings but the final ball was too often crap, had some good chances but the finishing was often poor. Played some nice, relatively incisive stuff, in patches, but looked like our confidence was down a bit after last week. Was disappointed in Ayoze, he floated out of the game too much for my liking and can be really lazy out of possession. Sissoko, while involved in some good stuff, was infuriatingly rubbish off the ball (attacking and defending). Mitrovic seemed to lose focus after some poor touches and shots (he was being held a lot, mind, but he's going to have to cope with that) and we seemed to stop trying to get him in with balls over the top despite it looking dangerous in the opening 20. We needed some more width, Sissoko should've provided it but he was far too narrow. Not enough risks, again, too much safe passing.

'Keeper aside, Stoke were woeful. Hughes was wise to get them to shut up shop a bit after the opening exchanges.

Guess it's important we didn't lose before Bournemouth. Keep missing chances and we ain't getting out of this, though.

Inexperience showed today, plus the lack of leadership thing too. Made some great openings but the final ball was too often crap, had some good chances but the finishing was often poor. Played some nice, relatively incisive stuff, in patches, but looked like our confidence was down a bit after last week. Was disappointed in Ayoze, he floated out of the game too much for my liking and can be really lazy out of possession. Sissoko, while involved in some good stuff, was infuriatingly rubbish off the ball (attacking and defending). Mitrovic seemed to lose focus after some poor touches and shots (he was being held a lot, mind, but he's going to have to cope with that) and we seemed to stop trying to get him in with balls over the top despite it looking dangerous in the opening 20. We needed some more width, Sissoko should've provided it but he was far too narrow. Not enough risks, again, too much safe passing.

'Keeper aside, Stoke were woeful. Hughes was wise to get them to shut up shop a bit after the opening exchanges.

Guess it's important we didn't lose before Bournemouth. Keep missing chances and we ain't getting out of this, though.

Stopped reading after that because that has to be a wind up. He works tirelessly for the cause.

Thought there were more signs of progression today as their has been in the last three games albeit without getting a win. If we weren't creating chances and we weren't looking in control of game I'd be seriously worried. But I think step by step the team is progressing.

Ayoze was our best player probably ran out of steam last 15mins but that was probably also because he had no support from others. That drag back in the first for the penalty shout was mint!