Newcastle 0-0 Stoke - 31/10/15 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 16.

Mike

Ayoze was our best player probably ran out of steam last 15mins but that was probably also because he had no support from others. That drag back in the first for the penalty shout was mint!

As clear a foul as you'll ever see

Ayoze was our best player probably ran out of steam last 15mins but that was probably also because he had no support from others. That drag back in the first for the penalty shout was mint!

Agreed ref bottled it

Two points dropped. We were noticeably worse once Tiote went off imo.

That's cause De Jong was invisible for the 20 mins he was on.

Yep. I'm still waiting to see what others have seen in him. Every time I've watched him he's been slow, unable to keep up with breaks on the counter, and largely invisible all the other times. Doesn't even seem to make runs into space.

De Jong invisible. McClaren's hatred of Thauvin doing us good there

Forgot we even had Thauvin! :lol:

So... not given a single minute at home to stoke at 0-0? He's finished here, unless Shteve goes first.

He was warming up with his strip on for most of the second half and kept looking over at the bench to see if he was coming on,but never did.

Agreed ref bottled it

It's getting to a point where I'm convinced we are never getting another penalty. We just don't get them.

Thought Tiote was alright today

He looked better as the game went on. He looked well off the pace the first half hour but he grew into the game, and was having a positive influence when Tintin brought him off. We lost momentum after he came off too.

We looked ragged and wide open after he went off.

We played well today, was a very entertaining open end to end game but yet again fitness seems an issue as we looked shot in the last 10 minutes, very ragged.

De Jong invisible. McClaren's hatred of Thauvin doing us good there

Forgot we even had Thauvin! :lol:

So... not given a single minute at home to stoke at 0-0? He's finished here, unless Shteve goes first.

He was warming up with his strip on for most of the second half and kept looking over at the bench to see if he was coming on,but never did.

I think the injury to Janmaat put paid to him getting on to be honest.

Guest Jungle Barry

Just home, thought the same. Wouldn't go overboard either way but Butland was great for Stoke (as I'm sure has been mentioned already) we look a good side imo, a world away from the trash served up in the last few seasons. Hopefully we can put some results together in the short term and see how we go from there ??

He looked better as the game went on. He looked well off the pace the first half hour but he grew into the game, and was having a positive influence when Tintin brought him off. We lost momentum after he came off too.

Tiote has always needed a number of games after an injury to get back in form.  He is not one of those that can immediately pick up the pace again.  It looks like Dr Jong has the same problem but we can't afford to give him the time on the pitch he needs to get back to match fitness.

Tiote has always needed a number of games after an injury to get back in form.  He is not one of those that can immediately pick up the pace again.  It looks like Dr Jong has the same problem but we can't afford to give him the time on the pitch he needs to get back to match fitness.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2uihjix.jpg

Agreed ref bottled it

It wasn't a foul. Nowhere near one.

We're the better team and didn't win. People tell me its a positive. I just question how bad it'll be when we start being the worse team. Points dropped in almost every game we've "performed" well in.

Alternatively we start winning games in which we are the better team (also get refereeing decisions that go by the rules).