AFC Bournemouth 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/15 Post-match reaction from p.35

BlueStar

Nah, we looked like Barca circa 2010 at Ewood Park that night compared to this.

That's not how I remember it.

We were shit that night obviously. Not this bad, though.

Yeah this is the worst performance I can remember.

Why are these 3 points great/massive like? What are they going to do for NUFC?

Give us confidence? We are improving as a side, we've played awfully today but its one game. We've been unlucky not to win the last few since Norwich.

:lol: I'm not convinced I'd get a grand deal of confidence out of that one, unless I was Elliot.

Either way, I can't say I've considered us as being all that unlucky. We're just not that good. I don't see us as improving, I just see us as mediocre and inconsistent. We have a handful of decent players, an uninspiring manager, and an owner who wont back the team.

What I took from this game: absolutely fuck all. It's all a waste of time.

Worryingly Pardewesque sub with Cisse there. Surely anyone who's seen Cisse play would know exactly what he gives you when the team is struggling to do anything with the ball. Offside, ballbouncing and stopping the counter attack. If we had put Thauvin on and kept Perez up top a little longer instead we might have ran at them a little bit at least. Perez isn't quick or strong enough to run through defences by himself down the wing.

I don't think we can complain about much after that. In terms of points that evens up the Sunderland game in terms of what we deserve.

Worryingly Pardewesque sub with Cisse there. Surely anyone who's seen Cisse play would know exactly what he gives you when the team is struggling to do anything with the ball. Offside, ballbouncing and stopping the counter attack. If we had put Thauvin on and kept Perez up top a little longer instead we might have ran at them a little bit at least. Perez isn't quick or strong enough to run through defences by himself down the wing.

Thought Perez was a bit poor today bar his finish. Id have kept Mitro on & just had him try to link up with Thauvins pace. He'd be stronger defending aswell, seemed odd to take him off. Didnt help him that we were smacking the ball over his head every opportunity we had.

For all the criticism of Bournemouth's finishing/our defending, if I were McClaren I'd more worried about the total absence of any attacking threat whatsoever (apart from the winning goal :lol:) against a side that have conceded more than we have. When we had the ball, frankly it was pathetic.

They killed us, brutalised us, tortured us in a chamber..... yet this was the one we won? Football, eh :lol:

We were f***ing shocking today - a boxing ref would've stopped that long ago - but by god have we earnt such luck.

Amen brother.

Redknapp :lol: twitchty faced cunt almost greetin' :lol:

Love it...fucking love it.

Fuck you Howe.

Why are these 3 points great/massive like? What are they going to do for NUFC?

Give us confidence? We are improving as a side, we've played awfully today but its one game. We've been unlucky not to win the last few since Norwich.

:lol: I'm not convinced I'd get a grand deal of confidence out of that one, unless I was Elliot.

Either way, I can't say I've considered us as being all that unlucky. We're just not that good. I don't see us as improving, I just see us as mediocre and inconsistent. We have a handful of decent players, an uninspiring manager, and an owner who wont back the team.

What I took from this game: absolutely f*** all. It's all a waste of time.

Well going down to 10 against Sunderland was unlucky & we've hit the post last week along with Butland growing 10 arms. Id say our attacking play has been far better than Pardew's was till today & defensively we've not really improved. Which is odd considering our 2 CS in the last couple games & few goals. But Mitro/Perez/Sissoko/Gini have looked strong till today for me.

I agree that would have been fine as  well. The midfield were terrible today, we desperately need a central midfielder who can pass in January. The couple of times Wijnaldum tried to do a one-two and then go running off on a counter attack Anita and Tiote just screwed up simple passes.

1 fairly lucky goal in 3 games against 2 terrible defences doesn't bode well, mind. We've got to stop playing 4 CMs and just hoping for the 2 lads up front to feed off scraps and come up with something. Thauvin and/or de Jong need game time.

For all the criticism of Bournemouth's finishing/our defending, if I were McClaren I'd more worried about the total absence of any attacking threat whatsoever (apart from the winning goal :lol:) against a side that have conceded more than we have. When we had the ball, frankly it was pathetic.

Today was us again before Mitrovic was playing. They nullified him & we had nothing else, he still set up the goal.