Newcastle United vs Leicester City - Saturday 21/11/15 15:00 (No TV)

joeyt

Based on what?

Blind faith maybe. Their defence is pretty average and I think if Vardy is missing for them our centre backs should be able to cope with Okazaki/Kramaric/Ulloa or whoever will come in to replace him.

:thup:

They've been outrunning teams as much as anything it seems. While we won't match it it's not a fail safe way to win games.

Everything points to a Norwich-type open game. They're a determined team for sure, but are riding their luck to be as high as they are. They've only conceded two more than us. Second in the league in long balls, so over the top or knock down from Ulloa is a clear strategy. Bottom of the league in short passes per game and a lower average possession % than us, so we should see plenty of the ball. They concede loads of goals for an average number of shots conceded, so no keeper heroics by the sounds. League leaders in goals from penalties, five, which is two more than anyone else and five more than Arsenal, so may be prone to going down easily. Pretty good in the air in terms of challenges won, but not so many goals from set pieces.

I've not taken much notice of them outside of Mahrez & Vardy. Do they have much else? Schmeichel is a good keeper...struggling after that.

Kante has started well I think and Albrighton is having a very good season. Fan of Jeff Schlupp too but that's more to do with his name than anything football related.