Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/16 - Post match reaction from page 26

Greg

If we play like this a giant other teams then we will be nowhere near the relegation zone.

We have been the better team so far but I expect Arsenal to come out in the 2nd half and have a go, we will resort to sitting back. If we were a goal up I would say that we have a good chance of getting a point out of this game, now I think we will be inser it quite a bit.

I would consider taking Mitrovic off and putting Thauvin on though, Mitro is just a seconds or two too slow on the attack.

Colback has been ok.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, good one!

Poor there like but decent in general, we've had the better of midfield

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

What?

He's done nothing 'decent in general', he's massively overhit a cross and hit a shot from 7 yards with as much power as a 12 year old. Constantly playing sideways passes is not fucking decent.

He's not played sideways passes though and he's got forward and looked for the ball to help us in possession. Not been outstanding or anything but he's been alright

Wrong.

It isn't wrong though. He's been ok and I think most people would accept that

Other than making himself available for the ball, what has he done? This is something any player in any professional league would be able to do.

Well he's been involved in probably the best midfield performance we've had this season so far, mainly due to Tiote tbf

Okay, I agree that as a team we've played well, but what has Colback done specifically to merit a 'decent' performance?

Competed well to win the ball back, kept possession when he's had it, not just passing sideways by the way, got forward more than usual which gives us another option when we get the ball up there making it less predictable. As I said he's been alright, not great or anything but ok as have the rest of the team

Surprisingly good performance after the first 5. Please keep it up.

This.

We've had lazy patches which we have to sort out, but we've also applied pressure and created chances. Arsenal seem a bit ruffled, it would be awesome to take that a step further with a goal.

First ten minutes aside, we've played really well. Mitrovic, Wijnaldum and Tiote have been excellent IMO.

Actually frustrating as fuck that the insincere wankers turn up against a top side yet again. Infuriating.

It'll all fall apart in the first five minutes of the second half, then end up being a raping no doubt. The ref worries me, seems to be letting the Arse off with a few fouls, could be a homer.

Pleasantly surprising performance so far. Tiote has played really well and Mitrovic has helped win the ball almost every time it's been played up to him. Let's hope they can keep this up for the next 45. I'd love to see Thauvin on for Colback if it's still even at the hour mark just to go for it.

First ten minutes aside, we've played really well. Mitrovic, Wijnaldum and Tiote have been excellent IMO.

Actually frustrating as fuck that the insincere wankers turn up against a top side yet again. Infuriating.

This seems a bit different tbh. We aren't just relying on Sissoko and Wijnaldum to run at them on the break, Tiote is really helping us to compete with them in midfield and this we are getting more possession

A blind man saw this coming like: sit deep, break when possible, nothing too ambitious in possession. Unfortunately these games don't keep you up. Consistently beating those around you in the table does that.

Relatively disciplined after the first 5-10, if unspectacular. Need to start 2nd half in the same fashion we finished the first. I can see us coming out asleep, mind.

Nah, they want to play for Arsenal, so we'll get 90 from the assholes today.