Watford (A) FA Cup - Sat 9th Jan at 3pm (not on TV) - Pre-match thread

ChrisJbarnes

Last time we kept the good players and got rid of the overpaid dross, this time it would be the opposite.

We'd get rid of plenty of overpaid dross, maybe not as much as last time because last time around the majority of our squad was overpaid dross.  Unfortunately I think we'd find it much easier this time to offload some of the good players, Perez, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Cisse, Janmaat and Mitrovic would be easy to move on.  Still last time we only kept 4 or 5 decent players, the rest were donkey shit and we still pissed the Championship.

Lets just not go down in the first place eh?

First post so afternoon to all of my fellow NUFC fans.

Personally speaking, id play the following team:

Elliott

Janmatt Mbemba Dummett Mbabu

Tiote Sissoko

Thauvin Wiji Aarons

Mitro

The league should be our priority but a win and a cup run can gather momentum and confidence to help us stay up. Fingers crossed it happens.

We're playing fucking Saturday - Wednesday evening, stop whinging about it! :tickedoff:

Saturday - Tuesday due to BT Sport.

Virtually everyone else is playing Wednesday.

It shouldn't be an issue but they're all moaning about it and blaming the PL itself for it's contempt for the FA Cup as the FA and the FA Premier League are completely separate.

Last time we kept the good players and got rid of the overpaid dross, this time it would be the opposite.

I would class Bassong, Beye and Martins(maybe not at that stage) as good players

Martins was a crock of shit and Beye was past his best before date.

Jamaal Lascelles, Kevin Mbabu, Siem De Jong, Yoan Gouffran and Florian Thauvin probably to start. Going by who is injured or carrying a 'knock' there doesn't seem too much room to rotate the rest of the team. Darlow or Elliot. Ivan Toney to get a game? Whoever plays, no doubt we'll lose.

Elliot has been saying a lot of the right things recently, pointedly explaining the benefits to league position based on sustained performance in the cup. There's no reason why a team can't use the confidence of cup wins into league performance, especially when battling with relegation. Could really use a win on Saturday.

Can't be arsed about this game at all. No highlights on tv to look forward to, it's nailed on to be another quiet exit under the radar.

It's on MOTD on Saturday night like.

I wouldn't really count a 30 second clip of the game as highlights tbh.

We're playing fucking Saturday - Wednesday evening, stop whinging about it! :tickedoff:

It shouldn't be an issue but they're all moaning about it and blaming the PL itself for it's contempt for the FA Cup as the FA and the FA Premier League are completely separate.

Notice how nobody gives a fuck about playing midweek matches when they're in the Champions League?

Vacuous pricks.

We're playing f***ing Saturday - Wednesday evening, stop whinging about it! :tickedoff:

Notice how nobody gives a f*** about playing midweek matches when they're in the Champions League?

Vacuous pricks.

:thup:

Couple of Watford fans I work with seem to want think they will play their reserves and want them to get beat so can concentrate on the league.

:idiot2: What's the fucking point in that??

Watford, along with Palace and maybe West Ham are the clubs who immediately spring to mind when I think of the cup this year. It should be their absolute over-riding priority for the rest of the season surely!! If you can't have a go at the cup, what's the point in mid-table stability anyway?

Couple of Watford fans I work with seem to want think they will play their reserves and want them to get beat so can concentrate on the league.

They're going to be disappointed then - if Sheff Wed's reserves can beat us Watford's will have no problem at all.