Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He looked very frustrated yesterday. He's clearly the type of midfielder who likes to get on the ball and play it forward, unlike Colback, Tiote and Anita. On quite a few occasions he would get on the ball, look up to play a forward pass only to find Mitrovic stood there, no movement, not trying to create himself, or make a run. Shelvey actually lost his temper with him in the 2nd half.

He looked very frustrated yesterday. He's clearly the type of midfielder who likes to get on the ball and play it forward, unlike Colback, Tiote and Anita. On quite a few occasions he would get on the ball, look up to play a forward pass only to find Mitrovic stood there, no movement, not trying to create himself, or make a run. Shelvey actually lost his temper with him in the 2nd half.

:thup:

That's how I saw things too. He couldn't impose any attacking play as we had zero movement and options for him to deliver a pass to.

With Sissoko and Gini just off Mitro, it clogged up the middle, with no real width in the forward positions. The wing backs were not that advances the majority of the time.

Yet another reason the formation was a stinker. Did not allow us to get the best of Shelve IMO.

Watford cancelled him out/ contained the threat his range of  passing poses. Didn't they change formation and have three central midfielders?

Played a very tight diamond. Even Deeney was dropping back in, though. It was all congested.

Aye, so a decent manager would have spread the play wide, reacted to the situation and taken advantage.  We just banged our heads against the same wall for 90 minutes.

Watford cancelled him out/ contained the threat his range of  passing poses. Didn't they change formation and have three central midfielders?

Played a very tight diamond. Even Deeney was dropping back in, though. It was all congested.

Aye, so a decent manager would have spread the play wide, reacted to the situation and taken advantage.  We just banged our heads against the same wall for 90 minutes.

Tbf, Sissoko was pretty much a winger for the second half after Perez came on. Still needed more balance, though.

Aye, "Baldback" is hilarious. Classic stuff. Especially since Shelvey is pretty much the opposite of Colback as a player.

Calm down, flower.  It's not exactly serious.

One poor game, and he's likened to Jack Colback. It's just stupid, serious or not.

Killjoy alert! :lol:

Guest ManDoon

The thing is I think going into half time he genuinely thought everything was rosey. Where he should have been using the 15 minutes to change things about and make sure everyone understood their role he seemingly just stood there grinning.

So my mate got in a right strop about Shelvey.  Text me saying that he's a right prick and he played shit.  Reckons one of our fans was telling Jonjo to lift his corners and get more height on it, as he wasn't clearing the first man.  I'm sure he said this in a slightly more aggressive way, mind :lol: Shelvey turned round and told him to fuck off :lol:

If he ends up helping us get enough points to stay up.  I'm not sure that I give a fuck about him swearing in the heat of the moment.  I'm sure he was pretty frustrated at how badly he played and how shit we were in general.

Everything else aside he has two attributes which we have been missing from our CM. Firstly, he always looks to go forwards and do it quickly - there was one free kick in the 2nd half Saturday from about 45 yards out that he took and his first instinct was to look up and he played a clever reverse ball into the box along the ground to Mitro. Colback would still have been lining up to float it into the keepers arms at that point. Secondly, he looks like he cares. Was shouting at a ball boy to get the ball back to him more quickly at one point. Ok so as a professional you shouldn't really be swearing at a kid, but at least he showed a bit of passion.

So my mate got in a right strop about Shelvey.  Text me saying that he's a right prick and he played shit.  Reckons one of our fans was telling Jonjo to lift his corners and get more height on it, as he wasn't clearing the first man.  I'm sure he said this in a slightly more aggressive way, mind :lol: Shelvey turned round and told him to fuck off :lol:

If he ends up helping us get enough points to stay up.  I'm not sure that I give a fuck about him swearing in the heat of the moment.  I'm sure he was pretty frustrated at how badly he played and how shit we were in general.

Your mates version:  'Mr Shelvey, have you possibly considered adding loft to the ball so that your set piece may more effectively bypass their first line of defence?'

Reality:  'How, Shelvey, ya bald cunt.  Put some fucking height on it man, your corners are shite.  Stupid twat.'

:lol: that's exactly how I thought of it and all. 

I honestly couldn't give a toss either way.  I'm glad he's fired up and pissed off with playing badly.  Would be better to just ignore it, like.  But a lot of players would probably just shrug or laugh it off. 

Pretty sure this isn't true. For starters his corners were decent enough and only one hit the first man from memory.

One of the ball boys was taking his time to give him the ball so he had a pop at him. Then after the corner went in he ran past and had another tirade at the kid. :lol: That was the only thing I saw being down by the corner flag.

My mate was raving about Shelvey the other week.  So I have no reason to not believe him.  I think he was right near the front and all.

However.  I wouldn't have thought he'd be so quick to fall out with fans.  Especially not after the way he went on after his last game for Swansea.