Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Wonder if this will allow us to get someone off West Ham too. We were linked with Sakho right? Maybe they loan him to us if we agree to sell Shelvey to them.

Shelvey man ... such an enigma. Really don't see him making much of a difference to West Ham if he does join them.

Honestly, at this stage I couldn't give a fuck, he's lazy and not what we need anymore. Does he make us a better team when he's in the side? No. We need someone who's going to move forward with the ball, given the forwards we've got, not take the easy option and try 50 yard passes every single time.

We would be too short of options in midfield to lose Shelvey. There may be some kind of angle where Rafa is preperaed to sell one of our better players to fund the loan of a couple: direct cover for that position (comparable in his mind) or an improvement with a more key role in the future ‘of the project’; plus vice versa with a player for another position, i.e. someone he really wants or someone he believes can do a job.

I don’t mean to sound precious on Rafa’s behalf, but it must do his nut in, having to wait for BOGOF offers in Aldi while others (some not really in his ‘managerial class’) are loading up at Waitrose.

I actually thought Rafa would have tried to peddle him in the summer if we got a decent offer, but it'd be pretty stupid to sell him now. Suppose the higher ups see we've got Merino, Hayden and Diame all playing in CM, can't be having four players fighting for two spots :rolleyes:

Can’t see any sense in selling him at that price; who would we replace him with for similar money? A loan signing probably, perhaps Kenedy, if Shelvey is sold it can’t be a good thing. End of season ok but not in January when we’re hovering around the bottom 3 with a takeover on the edge.

Can’t see any sense in selling him at that price; who would we replace him with for similar money? A loan signing probably, perhaps Kenedy, if Shelvey is sold it can’t be a good thing. End of season ok but not in January when we’re hovering around the bottom 3 with a takeover on the edge.

Yep, doesn't make a great deal of common sense, but nothing ever does with this odious parasite in charge.

Guest neesy111

There's one reason why we would sell him; Ashley cashing in on anything he can before he goes.

Can't see us selling Shelvey Shelves for anything less than 20m personally.

It's not his money.  If we were to sell, then the club's bank balance would transfer to new owners.

There's one reason why we would sell him; Ashley cashing in on anything he can before he goes.

It's not his money.  If we were to sell, then the club's bank balance would transfer to new owners.

Can he not just take It, with him being the sole owner?

This could be the one piece of merchandise tat that Ashley isn't currently selling

Mental, he’s probably our most talented player. I much prefer him in the team than not, for all his faults he’s still capable of winning a game for us.

He's not won us a single game this season. Yes, not many of our players have, but Shelvey hasn't even looked good at any point this season. Assuming it's 1 in 1 out, we need to get rid. We've got enough deep lying central players at the club imo.

Mental, he’s probably our most talented player. I much prefer him in the team than not, for all his faults he’s still capable of winning a game for us.

He's not won us a single game this season. Yes, not many of our players have, but Shelvey hasn't even looked good at any point this season. Assuming it's 1 in 1 out, we need to get rid. We've got enough deep lying central players at the club imo.

Loads of examples where one out one in actually happens and works at our club like.

Guest firetotheworks

Obscene amounts of ridiculously over the top shite being spoken in here like. I'm not a big Shelvey fan by any means, but fucking hell man.

Swap him for big AC. He'll be one of the few out there who might accept a pay cut, especially if he's out of contract anyway in summer 2019. Chuck Mitro in if need be.

Not that swap deals ever happen of course.