Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I think we justifiably have to be extra careful when stuff is racist though. That aggravates the offence.

Pretty much, the FA need to stamp that stuff out, footballers are always going to be in the public eye, and they need to set an example to the public and the kids that can idol them, and the only way you can do that is to clamp down on it and issue heavy bans.

I think we justifiably have to be extra careful when stuff is racist though. That aggravates the offence.

What about mocking the afflicted???? ie the bald cunt who's been bald for donkeys years due to a medical condition.

Does no one get a 5 match ban for that?

Guest neesy111

5 games for calling someone an "Arab/Moroccan c***/prick" with bad breath seems very harsh, imo.

Totally.

They were all baiting each other, sticks and stones.

It's not really harsh.

Calling someone with alopecia a bald cunt would probably be more hurtful than calling a middle eastern/northern African person an Arab cunt tbh. That's not the point though I guess

Basically this. Th FA made a specific movement to stamp out racist/xenophobic remarks.

I'm not going to hate Shelvey for shouting "arab cunt" like. It's not on though and the ban is fully justified.

Calling someone with alopecia a bald cunt would probably be more hurtful than calling a middle eastern/northern African person an Arab cunt tbh. That's not the point though I guess

exactly.

As the FA statement reads: Mr Shelvey is indeed bald.

:lol:

A guy from an Irish traveler background that has grown up with alopecia, he's probably one of the most abused players in England. He just needs to deal with it in a smarter way than throwing insults back, either tell the ref or shit in the players kitbag.

Calling someone with alopecia a bald c*** would probably be more hurtful than calling a middle eastern/northern African person an Arab c*** tbh. That's not the point though I guess

It's not the point, but it does offer up the opportunity for a different discussion, centred around the fact that nobody has been called up for offending Shelvey in relation to a medical condition.

Lanky cunts can go and fuck off for now, but surely we shouldn't have to wait until someone like Jonas, is subjected to abuse that is normally reserved for adolf hitler, before we consider it's place in the game.

A guy from an Irish traveler background that has grown up with alopecia, he's probably one of the most abused players in England. He just needs to deal with it in a smarter way than throwing insults back, either tell the ref or shit in the players kitbag.

Nothing wrong with a good insult, just attack the person or the opinion and not the race, ethnicity or condition :thup:

Nothing wrong with a good insult, just attack the person or the opinion and not the race, ethnicity or condition :thup:

Is the correct answer from the nonce.

Looks like the charges against Shelvey were correct and the punishment was fair enough. :thup: As has been speculated, Shelvey isn't supposed to be the sharpest tool in the box, so he needs to take the ban on the chin and try to change his behaviour.

This.

Pretty much, the FA need to stamp that stuff out, footballers are always going to be in the public eye, and they need to set an example to the public and the kids that can idol them, and the only way you can do that is to clamp down on it and issue heavy bans.

And this.

A guy from an Irish traveler background that has grown up with alopecia, he's probably one of the most abused players in England. He just needs to deal with it in a smarter way than throwing insults back, either tell the ref or s*** in the players kitbag.

There's not much Shelvey can say to match them if they're having a go at his alopecia. He should report them every time and see what the FA do.

Mr Shelvey accepted in interview that in a further exchange with Mr Iorfa he called him a “peasant” a number of times. This was a reference to what apparently is known as “cashing someone off.”

This is when a player, in this case Mr Shelvey, insults another player by emphasising that he earns substantially more money than that player.

ugh