Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

This is not the first time.  How can people not giving him up?

Seems to be a common thing that people are towing this line. I'm trying to recall his other incidents, the Lansbury incident, which was absolutely nothing, which was even overturned. Has he ever been sent off before that playing for us ? I can't recall ? The only other incident was the alleged racism, which was dubious at best and certainly not something that would be held up in a court of law.

So unless someone can answer my honest question (as I don't really know for sure), then this line that he has previous with us, doesn't really hold a lot of water.

That stupid weird elbow thing. Can't remember who it was against and he didn't get sent off but was pretty risky and petulant.

Edit - Was his debut against West Ham. Bodychecked/elbowed Valencia off the ball.

I don't think Shelvey and Hayden are that good a combination. Both lack pace and the ability to keep possession under pressure. We look quite cumbersome in the middle and Merino will add something different. This could be a blessing in disguise.

I agree, it's got to be worth a try anyway.  Hayden and Merino with De Jong in front of them could be quite effective I think.  Maybe slightly lacking in creativity but Merino seems like he has a bit of talent and a lot of the time yesterday Shelvey just seemed to be lumping it anyway.

Who was it he kicked out at during a game last season, whilst he was on the deck?  I think he somehow got away with it and they didn't retrospectively ban him.  I'm sure there was another incident last season, as well.  Not just the Wolves game. 

He didn't actually do anything wrong when he got sent off against Forest.  But it seems like he is the easiest player in the country to wind up and get a reaction from.  He seems to always be one petty incident away from getting himself sent off.  He seems as bad as Barton in that regard  :kasper:

Stupid and petty action to take but if anybody hasn't seen the whole game (or Shelvey's 47 mins of it...) it wasn't an isolated incident. Dele was (as he does) niggling at a few players throughout. When Lascelle's clattered him (firm but fair challenge) Shelvey got in between them and said something which led Dele to say 'you and me' with a smirk on his face. I assumed at the time Shelvey has said something like  'if you want to pick a fight, pick one with me' (though I'm sure Lascelles wouldn't need his help!). Not certain of course, but it was this bickering context of veiled aggression and Dele's wailing petulance at handball given against him that triggered the ' Shelvey step.'

Not really in the mood for morals this season. It was a stupid foul but we need this cunt back playing ASAP. We aren't in the position to give OTT discipline on our best players. I'd be asking him to repay the team with performances, not telling him to train with the reserves.

Of course, we could benefit because I suspect Merino might be a better players than him anyway. We will see.

Before the game it was all: "We can't create anything without Shelvey in the team"

Now it's: "sell the cunt!!!!!!1"

He let everybody down yesterday and was poor before the red card. But he's still one of the only players we have who can pick a pass.

Nowt like overreacting.

Guest neesy111

Apparently being seeing a pyschologist since the Forest game last season to tame the red mist.

Obviously working well for the idiot.

Think he needs to get new one.

Before the game it was all: "We can't create anything without Shelvey in the team"

Now it's: "sell the cunt!!!!!!1"

He let everybody down yesterday and was poor before the red card. But he's still one of the only players we have who can pick a pass.

Nowt like overreacting.

Not really we can't afford liabilities this season.

Guest firetotheworks

With MSC26 on this one tbh. The bloke's obviously a bit of a doylem, but saying we should him and claiming he's not all that good? Christ almighty.

Absolutely hate this c***. Never been one who's been willing to join in with the hype that he gets.  Bang average player who's proven before that hes a liability.

Very much an on his day type. Too few and far between - in these league at least.

The guy isn't good enough to get away with that kind of crap.

I'm a bit surprised at the over reaction to his red card. It was stupid and it potentially cost us a result but apparently he's shit and a liability now? Is this the same Shelvey that without him we've looked completely clueless without in our entire Championship season and pre-season this summer? Come on.

With MSC26 on this one tbh. The bloke's obviously a bit of a doylem, but saying we should him and claiming he's not all that good? Christ almighty.

Tbf, it's not like it's off the back of one massive rick/error in judgement. People had reservations about him throughout last season too.

Aye, I'm getting proper bored of the constant over-reactions like. We need to hope Merino can fill in because without him our midfield is laughable.

Guest neesy111

Plenty including myself have expressed reservations whether he would be able to cut it in the PL after his struggles last time.  Although mine were more on the fitness and stamina.

He's a liability which we can't afford in such an important position and time of the season with such a pleasing fixture list coming up, thankfully I believe Merino will make the spot his own.

Aye, I'm getting proper bored of the constant over-reactions like. We need to hope Merino can fill in because without him our midfield is laughable.

I agree with these posts.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, it's not like it's off the back of one massive rick/error in judgement. People had reservations about him throughout last season too.

It's not? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is, like. Not without justification either, mind. As usual it's exaggerated bollocks from the same people. Claim that he's one of our best, or more important players and you see posts about how people supposedly think he's Cantona level important. [emoji38] It's no wonder Ashley gets away with the 'cant compete with Man City' bollocks when we've got people who use the same stupid arguments in our own support.

You don't have to think he's the bee's knees, just realise that within the scale of NUFC players, he's one of the better players, and that selling him won't bring in a better player either.