Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He needs dropping. Go with Longstaff and give him a chance, whether he makes the grade or whether he’s not good enough will figure out in time.

We know now what Shelvey can do and what he can’t do. Perhaps we should sell him before the rest of the league figures it out.

I'd like to see Hendrick along side Hayden. I know its not great but it could be a bit more solid. I'd even try a 4-3-3 with Slongstaff, Hayden and Hendrick.

Ideally a new CM but I think we have such a backlog of shit CMs we wont get one this season.

We need two new starting central midfielders imo. Hayden and Shelvey should be back ups. No technical ability on the ball between them. Garbage tier Cabaye/Tiote.

Tiote was what the club had been missing for years. Hard to replace but then we’ve never tried to. There used to be a video knocking around of him owning Rooney in the game we beat them at SJP.

Cabaye also a rare one. There’s an alternate universe where the club might have shown ambition and he would have stayed a few more years. Fantastic footballer.

I'd like to see Hendrick along side Hayden. I know its not great but it could be a bit more solid. I'd even try a 4-3-3 with Slongstaff, Hayden and Hendrick.

Ideally a new CM but I think we have such a backlog of shit CMs we wont get one this season.

100% agree.

Guest neesy111

Got to wonder why Matty L signed a new contract considering his lack of game time and options.

Isn't he injured?

Must have missed that if that's the case.

I used to always stick up for him and I do still rate his vision and passing ability. He just seems to have a terrible attitude and work ethic. Always moaning, blaming someone else, having a go at the ref or the opposition, pointing at someone to do his job, stood about watching the game pass him by etc etc.

He often seems to be marking space between players and not actually doing anything. Often loses his man after a few passes. He’s just as lazy and makes odd decisions when we’re in possession, as well. He was stood still edge of the box in a good position in the first half. Didn’t really seem to be demanding the ball. Then when I think it was Manquiilo or Almiron had worked an opening to shift it to him. He just made a pointless run behind two defenders and the move broke down.

His lack of mobility and brain dead decision making just seem to be getting worse. Such a shame, as it is a waste of a good technical player. Set pieces are wank, mind :lol:

I used to always stick up for him and I do still rate his vision and passing ability. He just seems to have a terrible attitude and work ethic. Always moaning, blaming someone else, having a go at the ref or the opposition, pointing at someone to do his job, stood about watching the game pass him by etc etc.

He often seems to be marking space between players and not actually doing anything. Often loses his man after a few passes. He’s just as lazy and makes odd decisions when we’re in possession, as well. He was stood still edge of the box in a good position in the first half. Didn’t really seem to be demanding the ball. Then when I think it was Manquiilo or Almiron had worked an opening to shift it to him. He just made a pointless run behind two defenders and the move broke down.

His lack of mobility and brain dead decision making just seem to be getting worse. Such a shame, as it is a waste of a good technical player. Set pieces are wank, mind :lol:

He's luxury player that isn't "on it" enough for me. I know he can ping a good ball or play a pass others won't, but his deficiencies outway his benefits. Defensively he is useless and his mobility is horrendous. We don't have a strong enough team around him make up for what he can't do.

I'm certain we can find someone with better attitude, better team ethic and defensive traits that is still able to move the ball forward and be creative reasonably well... but we won't.

Seen his quotes today?! what a c*** this guy is

Can not stand him

It's quotes like these which makes me dislike him a lot. He's definitely one of the cheerleaders for the club in its current incarnation.

It's ridiculous how important Hayden is to the team because of the basic deficiencies from people like Shelvey.

Yeah, I think Hayden is slightly above average but the immobility of Shelvey and single-paced nature of Longstaff means he’s essential at the minute.