Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ffs I feared we'd go from buying cheap foreign with potential to buying into the we need more British players crap.

He's absolute gash, payout good money for Spurs reserves team players now.

I don't think he's gash, but we don't need him. 12m on Charlie Austin or another proven PL goalscorer would be money much better spent.

12m for Shelvey was vital, we needed a player like him in the middle imo.

After a bit of superficial Wise-Wiki type research, he seems to have 63 premiership appearances (inc 12 for QPR), a good number of these as a sub, over four seasons, scoring 5 league goals (11 in total). I was surprised how little he has played. He had lots of loans prior to this, as started in Spurs academy aged 8.

Remember him scoring class goals for QPR? He also had a very good spell for Spurs.

Is he likely to be a great player? No. But he may offer us some balance and another player willing to take risks.

I think people might get a surprise by him.

But he may offer us some balance and another player willing to take risks.

This is important. At the moment everything happens on the right side for us. Easy for the opposition to defend against. With Townsend we would have threat from both flanks and that would give Sissoko/Janmaat more room to attack in too.

But he may offer us some balance and another player willing to take risks.

This is important. At the moment everything happens on the right side for us. Easy for the opposition to defend against. With Townsend we would have threat from both flanks and that would give Sissoko/Janmaat more room to attack in too.

I'm down with this, assuming the plan isn't to sell Sissoko and play Townsend on the right.

Remember him scoring class goals for QPR? He also had a very good spell for Spurs.

Is he likely to be a great player? No. But he may offer us some balance and another player willing to take risks.

Haven't seen them/can't recall quality but think he got 2 in 12 games (canny return for a winger) in 2012-13.

I think he's better than playing a non-winger on the left wing, which is what we insist on doing, despite having an allegedly talented one in Thauvin. If the end result means teams have to plan for attacks down both flanks as opposed to only Sissoko, then this is positive.

I think he's better than playing a non-winger on the left wing, which is what we insist on doing, despite having an allegedly talented one in Thauvin. If the end result means teams have to plan for attacks down both flanks as opposed to only Sissoko, then this is positive.

Agree - I don't think he's as bad as some are making out.

5 years of Andros Townsend on the wing :lol:

Be just good enough to keep his place and ensure we don't bring anyone else in. Times like this I wish we'd given our other 12 million pound winger a chance, or never got rid of the best way player we've had in a decade in the first place.

He has about 10 career goals and he's 24 these purple patches didn't last long did they?

I guess we are finally accepting our position as perennial relegation strugglers with signings like this.

Not really rating him. About the same stats as Obertan. Hopefully he can flourish here.

Rather we got Aarons fighting fit, and gave him a good chance in the starting 11.

Surely he can't be as shit-scared of playing football as Gabriel Obertan is.

Be just good enough to keep his place and ensure we don't bring anyone else in. Times like this I wish we'd given our other 12 million pound winger a chance, or never got rid of the best way player we've had in a decade in the first place.

Which one? :lol:

Which one? :lol:

Fair point :lol:

He has about 10 career goals and he's 24 these purple patches didn't last long did they?

I guess we are finally accepting our position as perennial relegation strugglers with signings like this.

He's had two real spells in any side, I believe. He was excellent for QPR and he was decent for Spurs.

He hasn't played much since.

Could the plan be?:

Mitrovic/New

Gini

Townsend                              Sissoko

Shelvey                          Saivet/Ginger Jack