Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith 34s35 seconds ago

No agreement in place yet with Spurs over Andros Townsend, but Newcastle hopeful of landing their second England international this window.

Given how easy it is to become an England international these days its no coup.

This is a really short sighted Sunderland-esque signing

I think there is a decent player in there. He will frustrate but he is a goal threat. He came on for Spurs against Liverpool a few months back and turned their full-back inside out in the space of 10 minutes or so and was a direct goal threat.

Players like him, and like Thauvin and Cabbella need a run of games to build up some form, some confidence and ultimately some consistency.

I'm not a big fan of Sissoko, but image how s*** he would look coming on for 10 minutes here, a half there or start a game once ina  blue moon?

I couldn't give a f*** about the price either, Sky are pumping billions into PL clubs every year and we are now just starting to spend some of that money.

I think Sissoko would absolutely rape a full back if was just coming on for the last 15 minutes

Aye he's strongest in the last 20 minutes anyway. A fully fit and fresh Sissoko coming on after 70 minutes would have his way with 95% of fullbacks.  City in the league cup last year? Steam rollers a few on the way to scoring a fucking dink.

No agreement in place yet with Spurs over Andros Townsend, but Newcastle hopeful of landing their second England international this window.

. Could say the same thing about a couple of our Dutch internationals. 

. Could say the same thing about a couple of our Dutch internationals.

Which?

Anita.  De Jong. Think Krul has like 8 caps.

Krul was a very good keeper until Woodman and Pards got his hands on him.

Anita is a decent player who is completely unsuited to this league, he only really works playing as the deepest central midfielder in a 433 imo.

De jong captained ajax to titles and impressed at Champions League level.

I'd be happy enough with a loan like. I don't think he's all that good but it at least gives us a look at him.

I don't think Townsend is the answer like, but I'd take a loan for him to prove me wrong. Worth a shout if we're really dead set on dumping Thauvin.

Loan would be ideal. We could actually discuss the player on merit rather than just hearsay bullshit from other fans.

If he's shite we don't cough up. If he's good, who gives a Fuck what we pay for him? Spurs can have their 14m for all we care... if he is good enough.

Just remember that a Danny Simpson - Mark Albrighton combo down the right side is joint top of the league.

:lol:

True.

But we're managed by Steve fucking McClaren

But Leicester are being managed by the great Ranieri?

One of the most negative, overrated, dull, managers out there. How he keeps getting fairly decent jobs is beyond me.

Wow, personal vendetta alert. #whatsbeef

Ooooo, first time I've been quoted, ta.

Where did I say in the above post I rated Ranieri? Anyway, I think he's proved a lot of people wrong, including me, and good luck to the bloke. I hope he continues to defy expectations.

My point was that McClaren has yet to show that he can improve shite players, or, indeed, motivate a squad.

Perhaps he should buy them pizza.