Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

If we can get £15M for Ritchie then £18M for Townsend (without that cushion under his shirt) is ok with me. From a professional point of view I’ve no problem leaving when he did and he genuinely appeared to enjoy it here so settling in shouldn’t be a problem. Rafa knows what he’ll bring.

As long as we got Kenedy in as well. And we also have to get a striker in; Mitro's sale will fund that I suppose. But Ryder tweeted Mitrovic won't be sold until a replacement is brought in, so. :dontknow:

This is so backwards. Rafa will never give him a game so why the desperation to replace first? He won't even make the 25.

I'd be amazed if we got Townsend and Kenedy. Most of us would probably be surprised with one of them. The only chance of both happening is if Ritchie left. We will potentially have the money to make this a decent summer, but it's down to Ashley allowing Rafa to spend where he wants. If there's £40m budget there now, then you add the potential sales of Mbemba, Ritchie and Mitrovic, we should be looking at over £80m. Then there's the players we won't get much for, but hopefully we can free there wages off the bill.

If it's true that Townsend and Kenedy are available, you would expect them to take up half of that budget, leaving £40m for a striker(s), and a defender.

Things just don't work out for us that way though. I reckon we might get Kenedy back on loan if we're lucky, and we'll fuck about trying to find a striker in a cut price deal. We'll probably end up knocking on Chelsea's door for Abraham again on loan.

Might be just me but i don't think there's a cat in hells chance we'll pay £18m, no way Mike pays more than we previously bought and then sold him for, unless they accept around £12m we can forget it.

To put things in perspective, a young lad from Sheffield United was bought for £12m today by Bournemouth, prices are mental. £15 to £20m really is rapidly becoming the average going price nowadays.

I know it's a regular fee in today's market. It's just a mockery that we are spending a record 18m on Townsend when that number should have been broken many times over by now.

Suppose in a way that there's money to be spent and Rafa has full say if he is willing to part with 18m on one player.

I know it's a regular fee in today's market. It's just a mockery that we are spending a record 18m on Townsend when that number should have been broken many times over by now.

Suppose in a way that there's money to be spent and Rafa has full say if he is willing to part with 18m on one player.

:sadnod: Aye, it's ridiculous it hasn't been.