Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It always looked a foolishly shortsighted decision to leave us for Palace, and so it is proving. When you've spent your entire career on Spurs bench or at crap clubs on loan then you might want to stick with it when you're finally on a roll at a decent club.

We will be in a position to sign someone better than him next summer.

You'd expect he fancied himself to play ahead of Zaha on the right.  He probably saw himself as an England international, was a big money signing for his new manager and had performed brilliantly the previous year.  Didn't work out though, for whatever reason.  Oh wait, I know.  Pardew signed a right winger - who made it quite clear that is his favourite position - and fancied himself strong enough to convert him to play on the left. 

We will be in a position to sign someone better than him next summer.

This is where I stand as well. He was a lot better than I thought when we signed him tbh, but there'll be better out there, and I would rather have someone who really understands what it means to be here.

Has there been a recent (last 20 years) player that had left us and went on to better things? Hamman is the only one I could think of

Milner, Forster, Bellamy.

Dont think we can really include Forster and im not sure id agree about Bellamy

Has there been a recent (last 20 years) player that had left us and went on to better things? Hamman is the only one I could think of

Does Distin count? Doubt there's a cat in hell's chance he'd have played top level football here until he was 37-38.

Does Distin count? Doubt there's a cat in hell's chance he'd have played top level football here until he was 37-38.

Dead at 26 through knee gangrene.

I would take him back in a heartbeat, but we would have the same issue as he has right now, we've got a Ritchie playing in the same position. What we really need is someone who actually wants to play on the left, Atsu and Aarons (if he can get and stay fit) are ideal.