Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duno if that has been posted, but in the express they say:

However, the deal could hinge on what sort of offer Rafa Benitez's side are willing to make.

Townsend wants to return to St James' Park on loan rather than commit to a side battling for Premier League promotion.

If it is him who only wants the loan, fuck that.

I wouldn't be arsed tbh. At least we'd know that he's only here for the short term. He uses us, we use him. Then we buy someone better and more committed next season.

Have decided I'd really love it if he came back. He's clearly a step above this division and, what's more, he's got bags of pace and as we've seen several times this season - it's something we generally lack. Yedlin is an exception so to have it on both sides (you'd envisage Ritchie and Townsend switching during the course of home games), would be massive for us.

In for a rude awakening if you think Rafa is going to play him and Ritchie imo.

One of them would be on the bench.

He's started Ritchie and Atsu together. No reason he wouldn't play Townsend with the former.

Very rarely, only in cup games or the odd games he rested Gouffran. I don't want it, but it's quite clearly when push comes to shove that Gouffran is going to start.

He didn't start ahead of Townsend under Benitez last season. He'd hardly start ahead of him now.

Ritchie wasn't here last season ???

I was talking about Gouffran, to be fair.

Ohh, didn't read the comment above Ronaldo's :thup:

How can't people see this is a good deal for us?

Loyalty is so minimal in football, the words Townsend said about us as a fan base in summer is even rare in football nowadays.

He'd be comfortably in the top 5 players in this league and is proven in the PL (even in our poor side).

It's a no-brainer how do people complain still? Would they rather Thauvin and Cabella resign?

Loyalty is so minimal in football, the words Townsend said about us as a fan base in summer is even rare in football nowadays.

He'd be comfortably in the top 5 players in this league and is proven in the PL (even in our poor side).

It's a no-brainer how do people complain still? Would they rather Thauvin and Cabella resign?

Wouldn't call him proved in the PL tbh. He's played about 10 good games in PL in all his carriere.

They've already gone.  :whistle:

Wouldn't call him proved in the PL tbh. He's played about 10 good games in PL in all his carriere.

Calm down Pierre LeFrog

If it's true that Townsend has issues with making a permanent move I really would think he's a cockend. He ought to be fucking elated that we're interested in bringing him back at all, given how he left and how it's worked out at Palace. And I'm not saying that with black and white specs on.

If he doesn't fancy it I hope we move onto other targets.