Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would assume it wasn't true like if I hadn't already watched him throw away his England career with the most obviously bad decision I've seen a footballer make :lol:

Take our Pardew tinted specs off and it's no where near as bad tbf. Townsend probably thought of Pards as the good manager the media tries to portray him as.

I would assume it wasn't true like if I hadn't already watched him throw away his England career with the most obviously bad decision I've seen a footballer make :lol:

Take our Pardew tinted specs off and it's no where near as bad tbf. Townsend probably thought of Pards as the good manager the media tries to portray him as.

Exactly. PL club with a potential future England manager, he would have seen :lol:

Im yet to see one report that states we're interested in a permanent move at this stage anyways so I don't get the fuss this has caused.

If he and us both want a loan deal till the end of the season, of which im sure there'll be a option to make it permanent if we go up then that's absolutely fine.

If he joins on loan with the option of a permanent move and he moves elsewhere in the summer then feel free to beat me with this post.

Actively don't want him. Think we'll get promoted anyway, think we'll need smarter players to make progress in the Premier League. He's good on the ball in certain games, extremely frustrating in other and offers too little movement off the ball to be effective in a front three (which is pretty much what we're playing with Rafa) over the course of a season.

And he signed for fucking Pardew.

Wait and go for someone else.

Townsend basically had a purple patch with us and a couple of England goals, the rest of his career has been nothing. Of course, bringing him back to the club and manager who produced that form is a decent shout, but I'd not be fussed if we didn't get him.

Not being funny but he never played under anyone decent before Rafa and since, it could be the managers in question are just clueless.

Pochettino is not decent?

He hardly played under him so i'm not counting that and he had many alternatives to Townsend coming into the job.

Not being funny but he never played under anyone decent before Rafa and since, it could be the managers in question are just clueless.

Pochettino got shot of him because he let him down in terms of commitment, not on the pitch. You can see why tbf, he jumped ship here without a second thought after we resurrected his career.

Pochettino got shot of him because he let him down in terms of commitment, not on the pitch. You can see why tbf, he jumped ship here without a second thought after we resurrected his career.

I don't blame Townsend for falling out with Pochettino at all. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play first team football. Being asked to step up your post-match cool down after being an unused sub is taking the piss as well.

People do realise that the current alternative is Gouffran, right? :lol: Actively not wanting Townsend.

Everyone also aware that we are currently a Championship team? He would walk into our starting 11 and walk into being one of the best players in the whole league. He'd bring some creativity that we've been crying out for all season.

Of course Townsend would be a superb signing ffs. Whether it's a loan, or a loan with an option or obligation to buy - it doesn't matter, it's still a good signing. He played brilliantly during his time here and showed exactly what he can do. If we go up next season and he's not good enough, then we can flog him and buy someone else. Rafa will have the next 8 months to work with him to decide on that and I trust his judgement.

People need to stop sulking because Townsend left. He wanted to play PL football and made that clear even when joining us (hence the clause in his contract). He never hid that fact and didn't spend every waking minute pretending otherwise.

There are folk seriously against us signing Townsend? :lol:

I don't think anyone doubts the extra quality he'd bring to the side, I think it's more of a 'he jumped ship for a Pardew led Palace, fuck him' thing.  I'd have him back in a second, like.

I think people are just bored tbh and are going around in circles.

:lol: definite truth to this.

As for Poch, didn't they fall out because Townsend abused one of the Spurs staff?

The fitness coach asked Townsend to 'step-up' his cool down after a match in which he was an unused sub. Townsend told him where to go and shoved him.

Still suprised that this could be happening, would be a great signing.  Rafa seems to really like him and he just seems a good fit in how we want to play.  Townsend and Ritchie either side of Gayle, with Shelvey and one of Diame/Perez in behind would be fantastic, not to mention Yedlin's pace on the right.  We would be able to stretch teams far more easily, please happen.