Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh and given the nature of Ashley's tenure why should the opinion on this board or any other be negative. It's the calls for groundless positivity I find weird. The only positive thing has been the protest that happened last year in which we managed to Chinese burn our dear leader into talking to us about 'change' - which many 'positivists' lRgely shat on.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

I'm assuming people have seen a lot more of Townsend than I have. But more than likely they haven't tbh. As far as I'm concerned we needed a wide left player. Not sure if that's his position, but in any case it's clear that Thauvin hasn't worked out, so we needed someone in.

Gomis isn't good enough tbh.

Guys a f***ing plank, Sholaesque standard and one we managed to miraculously avoid (somehow) over the years.

Lacazette isn't coming in a million years, why the f*** would he???

As for the two we have signed, I personally think they both improve the squad, and both are probable starting 11 certs...

All this still doesn't address the immediate issues of we need a f***ing striker though!

You've literally just proved my point :lol:

Gomis has scored a steady amount of goals in this division, why should we turn our noses up at him when our own strikers can't manage that?

As for Lacazette, the same was said about Thauvin was it not? "He doesn't want to join, we're wasting our time with fake bids" etc etc.

Gomis started off well, he's looked a bit of a donkey for the last couple of months.

Granted, he's not going to score 15-20 a season, but he's got the same amount of league goals (5) as our highest scoring striker this season...

Maybe it's false hope, but I just have the feeling that both our strikers can improve.

Guys a f***ing plank, Sholaesque standard and one we managed to miraculously avoid (somehow) over the years.

As for the two we have signed, I personally think they both improve the squad, and both are probable starting 11 certs...

All this still doesn't address the immediate issues of we need a f***ing striker though!

Gomis has scored a steady amount of goals in this division, why should we turn our noses up at him when our own strikers can't manage that?

As for Lacazette, the same was said about Thauvin was it not? "He doesn't want to join, we're wasting our time with fake bids" etc etc.

Gomis started off well, he's looked a bit of a donkey for the last couple of months.

Granted, he's not going to score 15-20 a season, but he's got the same amount of league goals (5) as our highest scoring striker this season...

Eh, isn't the point that we need better?

Hey guys. We're still sitting in the bottom 3 so um. Yeah. We currently are f***ing terrible and so seriously, this signing is classically indicative of this club. So apologies for feeling so let down by this riveting signing

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

Based on?

Would have rather spent £12m more on a striker. Or a manager.

Oh well, be interesting to see how he gets on.

This basically.  Will never get my head round Ashley's unwillingness to actually spend on a manager.  it would actually suit the shitty blueprint to get a manager in who can get the most out of the players.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? :lol:

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

I rarely post on here but browse the forum from time to time. I have to agree, some of the tripe people post on here is laughable.

Why don't you both fuck off then?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I rarely post on here but browse the forum from time to time. I have to agree, some of the tripe people post on here is laughable.

:lol: :thup:

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? :lol:

So nothing then? because he's never proven he can do that. Besides he's not better than Sissoko and Perez who currently occupy the wide positions.

:lol:

Most people wanted Shelvey IIRC.

Leave you all to the pit of despair you've oh so lovingly created :thup:

Would have rather spent £12m more on a striker. Or a manager.

Oh well, be interesting to see how he gets on.

This basically.  Will never get my head round Ashley's unwillingness to actually spend on a manager.  it would actually suit the shitty blueprint to get a manager in who can get the most out of the players.

Because he's only interested in 'Yes' men.

Please do. Laters.

The negativity and despair has not come from this board :lol:

Eh, isn't the point that we need better?

I think Mitrovic and Ayoze will eventually be excellent players for us, would anyone want rid of them now? I wouldn't.

My point is, Gomis has scored as many goals as Ayoze. Of course we want better but to turn your nose up at the likes of Gomis, no wonder our fan base is often seen as delusional.

:lol:

Most people wanted Shelvey IIRC.

Revisit the opening pages of the thread. Some absolutely wanted him, others were far less impressed.