Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

I rarely post on here but browse the forum from time to time. I have to agree, some of the tripe people post on here is laughable.

Why don't you both fuck off then?

Calm down, handbag.

He's got the knack Levy like. Imagine us getting double figures for someone who's having to play with the reserves.

Clever business brain that Ashley. He sees the logic in giving much better players away for nothing then spending £30m and counting trying to replace them. :lol:

Would have rather spent £12m more on a striker. Or a manager.

Oh well, be interesting to see how he gets on.

I suspect he is here as a striker of sorts.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I do think him coming in might knock the Remy deal on the head as Remy's position is as a wide left forward. The main difference being he does actually score goals regularly.

Gomis is not the type of striker we need, hence people turning their nose up at him. They're right, you're wrong.

Oh, naturally. God forbid anyone forms an opinion that's not in keeping with the 'regulars' on N.O. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's got the knack Levy like. Imagine us getting double figures for someone who's having to play with the reserves.

Clever business brain that Ashley. He sees the logic in giving much better players away for nothing then spending £30m and counting trying to replace them. :lol:

Levy is a bit of a twat, but it's the market for English players that is mental really.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? [emoji38] Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

I rarely post on here but browse the forum from time to time. I have to agree, some of the tripe people post on here is laughable.

:lol: nice. The whole club and culture of NUFC is bipolar, watch back the West Ham game and compare that to the Watford game, it's hardly surprising the supporters feel that way.

Secondly the Shelvey purchase was followed with cautious optimism on here, the worry that he's a 1 in 5 player and the negative feedback from Swansea supporters. But the concensus of opinion was that a new start in a new team where he can pull the strings might just be what he needs. Townsend isn't a player we needed, our time will have been better spent chasing signatures for weaker positions in the team, now it's a done deal he'll get what everyone else gets who comes here, time to prove himself.

Calm down, handbag.

Calm as fuck mate, just got nee idea why you'd bother wasting your time on here if that's your view [emoji38]

Gomis is not the type of striker we need, hence people turning their nose up at him. They're right, you're wrong.

Oh, naturally. God forbid anyone forms an opinion that's not in keeping with the 'regulars' on N.O. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

It's got nothing to do with being a regular, we don't need a big lump up front - we need someone with pace who will hassle opposition defenders and make stuff happen higher up the pitch. I expect that to be obvious to anyone with eyes.

Calm down, handbag.

Calm as fuck mate, just got nee idea why you'd bother wasting your time on here if that's your view [emoji38]

Holy shit, are you for real? Are we not allowed an alternative view? :lol: :lol:

Oh, naturally. God forbid anyone forms an opinion that's not in keeping with the 'regulars' on N.O. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

It's got nothing to do with being a regular, we don't need a big lump up front - we need someone with pace who will hassle opposition defenders and make stuff happen higher up the pitch. I expect that to be obvious to anyone with eyes.

Yep.

Fair enough, your opinion will be seen as valid by a lot of posters I'm sure.

My opinion is that, certainly in our current predicament, we actually need a striker who can stick the ball in the back of the net, whether he's a 'big lump' or 'someone with pace who can hassle opposition defenders'. If we indeed had the latter, but he couldn't score goals himself, we're fucked.

Calm down, handbag.

Holy shit, are you for real? Are we not allowed an alternative view? [emoji38] [emoji38]

Really really obvious that's not what I'm saying like, I'm referring to you saying everyone on here is negative as fuck and basically talk wank. If I thought that about the forum I wouldn't post on it or read it, hence the advice to fuck off.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? :lol:

How many times have you actually seen him do that? Because my one and only memory of watching Townsend is him playing on the right hand side, cutting inside and blasting it high and/or wide.

No need for this kind of patter like. People think it's overly negative - ok. I would question why but no need for abuse.

:thup:

And if you don't agree with something you read, post a rebuttal. That's kind of the point of a forum.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? :lol:

How many times have you actually seen him do that? Because my one and only memory of watching Townsend is him playing on the right hand side, cutting inside and blasting it high and/or wide.

:sadnod:

Calm down, handbag.

Holy shit, are you for real? Are we not allowed an alternative view? [emoji38] [emoji38]

Really really obvious that's not what I'm saying like, I'm referring to you saying everyone on here is negative as fuck and basically talk wank. If I thought that about the forum I wouldn't post on it or read it, hence the advice to fuck off.

Did you read my original post? I keep an eye on here as it's a good place to monitor our transfer rumours, to follow match days etc. It's not a bad place at all. The cliquey nature of some of the posters is pure mental at times though.

Would have rather spent £12m more on a striker. Or a manager.

Oh well, be interesting to see how he gets on.

I suspect he is here as a striker of sorts.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I do think him coming in might knock the Remy deal on the head as Remy's position is as a wide left forward. The main difference being he does actually score goals regularly.

Because... well... frankly I have no idea what he might bring to the party. :D

Wait, did I say striker? I meant left back.

Andro - "I did also play left-back in a Europa League game [against Hearts, in August 2011]."

He's our new left back!

Based on?

Well for starters his ability to beat his man and get a cross in? [emoji38]

So nothing then? because he's never proven he can do that. Besides he's not better than Sissoko and Perez who currently occupy the wide positions.

He's left footed like. Even if he's been predominantly deployed on the right in the past, I don't see any reason why he can't get to the byline and cross a football on his stronger side. Bit too dismissive IMO to completely write this side of his game off when it hasn't been part of his remit for his previous clubs.

It's not essential but I like this signing, but I think we'd all be pissed off if it meant no striker arriving. I just hope to hell we get one in too, and a shit hot one at that.

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are centre forward or left winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down.

"I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

He'll have a point to prove, seeing as this is his 1st permanent transfer, fingers crossed.