Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SSN Yellow scroller says 12m fee agreed

At £12m I think this is a risk. But I'm glad we're getting someone who could potentially become a part in keeping us up. Not been overly impressed by him every time, but seen him have good games here or there before.

Think we'd have a better chance of staying up if we spent that money on a left back and played the same attacking four as against West Ham rather than swapping Perez for Townsend.

Same here.

Oh I agree. But I rather we spent it on this than not at all.

At £12m I think this is a risk. But I'm glad we're getting someone who could potentially become a part in keeping us up. Not been overly impressed by him every time, but seen him have good games here or there before.

Think we'd have a better chance of staying up if we spent that money on a left back and played the same attacking four as against West Ham rather than swapping Perez for Townsend.

Same here.

Douglas thinks a LB/CB and Forward might still be coming. Would be nice.

Same here.

Reminds me of Pardew crying about wanting additional players when he couldn't do a thing with the good ones he had. It's hardly like Townsend is like some final piece in the jigsaw we just had to have.

Never been a big fan of his, but he does have ability and with a fresh start he could do well here.  Some of the comments from Spurs fans are quite positive, didn't fit the way Pochetino wanted to play but does have talent.  Certainly could cause problems on the break with his pace and direct running.  Get it done and then focus on a striker for the last week of the window.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this shite every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are fucking bi polar.

By the sounds of it I don't think he's got the footballing intelligence to progress as a player.  We've just got to hope that finally getting the move he's wanted for years really hypes him up and he gives it everything, because he does have the raw ability and pace to cause teams problems.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

The same brigade were out in force when Shelvey was announced, one decent debut later and all of a sudden he's a decent addition? :lol: Seriously guys, while Townsend might not be Ben Arfa, he's a damn sight better than the other options we have in wide areas.

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are f***ing bi polar.

I thought quite a few were keen on Shelvey?  I got the impression most on here were happy with the signing? 

I do find this forum a bit bi-polar at times.  The relegation thread and views on how we've played are extremely up and down.  But most forums I have visited are no different overall and it's Newcastle United FFS! :lol:  The whole fucking club is suffering from some sort of split personality disorder.  So it's no surprise it's like that on here.

He scares teams and keeps the back four honest. He'll get 4/5 assists and a couple of goals and his price will remain solid.

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-celebrate-Cheer-cheerleading-Droopy-meh-sarcastic-wave-flag-woo-hoo-yay-GIF.gif

Townsend is a means to offloading one of our better midfielders. Think we'll try to ship De Jong too.

Both Ashley and Levy have played a blinder :thup:

Levy has sold a name for £12m.

Ashley has bought a name to sell to fans ("English, PL experience etc"), got an extra body to justify a disposal of a more valuable asset (probably Sissoko/Gini in the summer), and potentially has a 24 year old English player for resale, bought at his monetary nadir.

The level of negativity on this board has reached an embarrassing level to be honest and just completely wears you down, how do you lot cope reading this s**** every day?

I keep an eye out for the latest news on here but rarely post, half the board are f***ing bi polar.

I thought quite a few were keen on Shelvey?  I got the impression most on here were happy with the signing? 

I do find this forum a bit bi-polar at times.  The relegation thread and views on how we've played are extremely up and down.  But most forums I have visited are no different overall and it's Newcastle United FFS! :lol:  The whole fucking club is suffering from some sort of split personality disorder.  So it's no surprise it's like that on here.

The general consensus with Shelvey was 'meh', just like Townsend now. I totally get the annoyance and frustration and refusal to accept Ashley's ownership, we all know we won't win fuck all with this set up, so who on earth are we supposed to target!?

Shelvey - meh

Townsend - meh

Gomis - not good enough

Lacazette - he won't come here

It's frigging mind numbing at times.

Couldn't agree more.

Sissoko is going in the summer, I think we all know that. He's done his bit in the shop window and will be looking to move up. He's not really that good.

I'll be amazed if Townsend can supply anywhere close to the number of assists/potential assists as Sissoko mind.