Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Typical uninspiring signing from the rabble running us into the ground. Not played for months, no form and we expect him to help keep us up in a position which was not a priority.

Hard to feel any excitement about this. Another cheapskate gamble by the fat controller

Still need a Striker, LB and CB though.

I accepted the fact we wont get any defenders but someone that WILL finish chances is the difference between championship and premiership.

Pretty much this. A striker sees us have a good chance of staying up. Then reshape the defence in the summer.

Forum seems pretty split on him. I reckon a vote outside here would see it more like 70/30 in favour of the move, that wouldn't necessarily be right though.

I think there is a healthy amount of reservation about him but he is young, quick and happy. Good luck to the lad, he will need it.

I don't see how you can make a statement like 'he can't cross'. He's not had a run of games with the instruction to cross the ball regularly in probably 3 / 4 years.

Not sure crossing has ever been a strength of his.

Add that to the fact that we do not play and old fashioned winger formation and his stupid quote makes even less sence.

I reckon we plan to like. I'm expecting 4-4-1-1 from this point forward. Shout at Sissoko until he accepts he's a winger, Andros on the left, Gini behind Mitro.

You have to take into consideration the general wrist slashing gimpness of this forum to cloud the positives of signing someone with a bit of pace,two good feet and a decent shot on him. Spuds fans don't like him? So fucking what, cuts in and shoots too much? so fucking what

I don't see how you can make a statement like 'he can't cross'. He's not had a run of games with the instruction to cross the ball regularly in probably 3 / 4 years.

Does that not say something. Overran springs to mind.

Sorry but Levy has done it again.

I hope he does extremely well and that it's one of those moves that just clicks. Unfortunately we need it to. If we'd also secured a striker and a left back I'd be way more optimistic. ( :yao: )

I think the quality of the midfield has improved. But it's a whole new midfield in January. Difficult time to develop 'velocity' in Agile talk.

That doesn't even make sense.

It's difficult to create velocity if a team has core members changed mid-sprint or even mid project.  What's difficult to understand?

What the fuck are you on about?

:lol: