C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

We played excellent for a short period March-April when Pardew used the 4-3-3 with Ba-Cisse-HBA up top

His refusal to play this the following season after Ba had a strop is one of the most frustrating times I remember as a Newcastle fan, watching Cisse instead pushed wide because Demba insisted on being #9 and watching us struggle week on week.

That and HBA struggling to even get in the team. Absolutely infuriating stuff.

Edited by Chris_R

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Might get some flack on this but Pardew imo gets far too much stick given how highly Rafa is thought of. I know that it went down hill in the end but that season was arguably some of best away days i've been on including Brugge and Bordeux and that season we played liquid football.

I get he comes across a cock at times but with what he was working with 5th place was very impressive. 

On 07/02/2022 at 22:34, The Prophet said:

Nah I detest Pardew. Bruce pushes him, but Pardew really started the rot on behalf of Mike.

The disdain of the fans, the systematic lowering of expectations, the public advertising of our players, the constant excuses and the 'we tried' nonsense. It all started with Pardew. He was the ultimate enabler and I'll always hate him for the part he played in pushing me away from the club.

On 15/04/2022 at 11:48, The Prophet said:

He could have finished third for all I care, the bloke assisted in damaging the club to such an extent that it still requires repair today. Fuck him.

I stand by my previous answers.

I'd also throw onto the mix he had a squad including Colo, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba, which you'd expect to be pushing for European places. Yet it did that on one occasion and was nearly relegated the next.

Edited by The Prophet

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

You don't finish 5th in the league with a fairly average squad in spite of the manager.

It wasn't  pretty, but it worked that season.

Credit where credit is due for finishing 5th. He's still a bang average manager and a cunt to boot.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I stand by my previous answers.

I'd also throw onto the mix he had a squad including Colo, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba, which you'd expect to be pushing for European places. Yet it did that on one occasion and was nearly relegated the next.

You are definitely right. The quality of player we had shows Pardew didn’t believe in coaching. With the right setup and mentality, that team could have controlled and dominated play against way more teams and challenged for the title. 

My lovely Eddie Howe would have that team progressing whilst being in Europe the following year and giving a real fight to the top 2. 

The 2011/12 season was good and I think it's a bit disingenuous to say the manager had nothing to do with it, but bringing it up at all detracts from the main point. Saying Pardew was good for Newcastle because of 2011/12 is like saying Sir Alex Ferguson was bad for Man Utd because they were mid-table also-rans in his first couple of seasons. It's barely even relevant. 

His legacy at NUFC was still visible until the day the takeover happened: he convinced Ashley it wasn't worth competing. That cultural shift to becoming a sporting institution that didn't want to succeed could've destroyed us tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Stick to posting about safe standing mate.

Sorry mate for being passionate about getting St James into a fortress and being dissapointed with the prawn sandwich brigade.

Think people missing point here, few of us arent saying Pardew is a top manager are we? We saying that it was a good season given we watched crap for 15 years under a shit owner

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The 2011/12 season was good and I think it's a bit disingenuous to say the manager had nothing to do with it, but bringing it up at all detracts from the main point. Saying Pardew was good for Newcastle because of 2011/12 is like saying Sir Alex Ferguson was bad for Man Utd because they were mid-table also-rans in his first couple of seasons. It's barely even relevant. 

His legacy at NUFC was still visible until the day the takeover happened: he convinced Ashley it wasn't worth competing. That cultural shift to becoming a sporting institution that didn't want to succeed could've destroyed us tbh. 

Tbf ashley convinced himself that surely given way club was ran. Did i want pardew...absolutely not as i liked Houghton alot. But Mclaren to this day was worst i'd say.

Just now, NUFC91 said:

Think people missing point here, few of us arent saying Pardew is a top manager are we? We saying that it was a good season given we watched crap for 15 years under a shit owner

I certainly enjoyed it at the time.  I do remember a few games where we were utter crap and maybe had one shot on target all game.  But somehow ended up winning 1-0.  When the results are going for you, you don't tend to care too much.  QPR at home sticks out in my mind as the perfect example.  There were some decent performances, as well, of course.  

But using hindsight.  The team was far more talented than any other assembled under Ashley and players hit the best form of their careers at different stages of the season.  We relied heavily on individual brilliance, goal of the year contenders and a pretty solid defence. 

48 minutes ago, Rich said:

I feel frettened by these NUFC91 posts.

Happy he went to shake things up (not happy with replacement). The bloke is a cock yes, but still that season was more enjoyable than following and the real Stadium of light trip was class.

I dunno why people think any one is a huge fan of Pardew for enjoying that season

Edited by NUFC91

7 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Happy he went to shake things up (not happy with replacement). The bloke is a cock yes, but still that season was more enjoyable than following and the real Stadium of light trip was class.

I dunno why people think any one is a huge fan of Pardew for enjoying that season

Because you can enjoy the season for Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa etc etc without needing to make it all about Pardew

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Because you can enjoy the season for Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa etc etc without needing to make it all about Pardew

I haven't made it "all about Pardew"

Ben Arfa has annoyed me looking at his career, seems like he has never been arsed whereever he has been.

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

I haven't made it "all about Pardew"

Ben Arfa has annoyed me looking at his career, seems like he has never been arsed whereever he has been.

You came into this thread praising Pardew and with a not so subtle dig at Rafa

And then to top it off you aren't a fan of Ben Arfa, honestly in real life I'd walk away from anyone that had the following opinions so I'm going to do that here as well

Pardew = Good

Rafa = Not Good

Ben Arfa = Not Good 

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

You came into this thread praising Pardew and with a not so subtle dig at Rafa

And then to top it off you aren't a fan of Ben Arfa, honestly in real life I'd walk away from anyone that had the following opinions so I'm going to do that here as well

Pardew = Good

Rafa = Not Good

Ben Arfa = Not Good 

Have i said Ben Arfa is no good? It annoys me that he never fulfilled his potential? And its not a dig at Rafa. I liked Rafa as he kept us in league twice under horrendous ownership with a shite squad...

I dunno why soms fans turn so quick on few lads saying they enjoyed that season? 

Edited by NUFC91

I despised Pardew but I have to admit looking back he did OK at times given some of the shit he had to play. A lot of the players we had genuinely played the best football of their careers here in that short stretch. Poor to average manager.

Bruce was just shit. Shit manager, shit person.

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

Have i said Ben Arfa is no good? It annoys me that he never fulfilled his potential? And its not a dig at Rafa. I liked Rafa as he kept us in league twice under horrendous ownership with a shite squad...

I dunno why soms fans turn so quick on few lads saying they enjoyed that season? 

I did say I'm walking away but I can't help it

Why are you struggling with this bit, the issue isn't about enjoying that season, I enjoyed it too, all the players I mentioned were brilliant and in the form of their life, so many great moments but it's the praising of Pardew that people have an issue with

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I despised Pardew but I have to admit looking back he did OK at times given some of the shit he had to play. A lot of the players we had genuinely played the best football of their careers here in that short stretch. Poor to average manager.

Bruce was just shit. Shit manager, shit person.

Its mental to think that because we had Bruce we almost forget Mclaren.. he might of been worse than Bruce?