C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Just read that article...Couldn't resist.

Not for the faint hearted.......

When I went to Newcastle we were starting on the wrong foot. I wasn't the popular choice and whenever there was a wobble, the fans reverted to that position

My 'end game' at Newcastle was when we beat Manchester United 3-0 at home. We had a fast mixture of manoeuvring the ball quickly, dangerous set-plays, discipline and power. Now you can say, of course, there wasn't enough of that, but that was what we were aiming for.

It makes my blood boil when pundits on TV, such as Alan Shearer, say 'I'll do it'. He was a top, top striker but he has no coaching qualifications and his only experience as a manager was very brief — when he took Newcastle down into the Championship.

What experience does he have of putting on a session, of building an identity, when every session needs to be about building, creating that identity and taking the players with you?

To think some people actually defended this utter cunt.

Why on earth is Wenger mentioned as a candidate for the England job. Surely he would be a terrible appointment? His best assets are tinkering and building things at club level, imposing a system of passing and coaching the technique to support it over time. There is no such time available at international level to do that. You pick the players, have a limited amount of time with them, then get on with it. He'd never be able to implement the way he operates in the limited time he would have with the players.

Imagine handing someone a contract on the back of the second half of last season and his embarrassing conduct in the Cup Final.

They'll be sick as fuck when they have to pay it up in November.

On Shearer and how he makes his ‘blood boil’, Pardew wrote: “It makes my blood boil when pundits on TV, such as Alan Shearer, say ‘I’ll do it’.

“He was a top, top striker but he has no coaching qualifications and his only experience as a manager was very brief — when he took Newcastle down into the Championship.

“What experience does he have of putting on a session, of building an identity, when every session needs to be about building, creating that identity and taking the players with you?

“They need to understand and buy into it. Together you then move towards that. It’s easy to say ‘I’ll do it’ from a comfy chair, but he has nothing to back that up.

“Gary Neville has shown how hard the transition is. You can go into any cafe in the country and they’ll give you their England team. But it’s not as simple as picking the best players.”

What a fucking cunt man :lol:

As poor a manager as Pards is, he would be a better England manager than Roy.

He goes through good spells with teams before his "methods" fully take hold. He's a tactical neanderthal but it's not like the England coaches get much time with the team. It took him a good half a season to fuck up Palace. With such little contact time he could probably do a decent job with England for a year or two.

The Sun basically picks the England team (and the Prime Minister, but that's a different thread), so there's no real worry about him leaving out our best players.

If he does have any talents, it's that players (except HBA) seem to genuinely like him. He might be ok at managing the egos of 23 big time charlies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I WANT him to manage England. I'm not saying he DESERVES to manage England, either. I'm just saying, hypothetically, he'd probably be an improvement on what we just witnessed. Given his main selling points are that it takes him a long time to kill teams and he occasionally strings together a run of results in the process, one tournament with him in charge wouldn't be the end of the world.

I think Pardew's confidence is too fragile, the problem England have is they care too much about what people think of them. Exactly Pardew's problem as well.

Probably right.

Also, I just finished reading The Nowhere Men this week. There was an interesting bit in there about how old school coaches and scouts don't like working with modern English teenagers because of the money, media hype, and the lifestyle they get from such an early age. They all think they've made it. I think there's some truth to it. Particularly as we've all just witnessed the contrasting case of Vardy, who was forced to graft well into his 20s. Sort of the exception that proves the rule.

In that situation it doesn't really matter who the manager is. We'd need to fix youth football before we get any nearer a quality national team.

I heard he's one of the football celebrities who took out the injunction against media running stories on their private lives. If that's the case the FA probably wouldn't touch him anyway. More's the pity.