C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

How the f*** Pardew get us 5th

Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Colo, Ba at al.

Think Leon Best was pretty good that season too. Maybe not on goal amount, but being a menace and holding things up. Ba was on fire, so was Cabaye and Ben Arfa. Then you have to say Guti was reliable, Santon and Krul too. Then Cisse came in late and fucked up shit for oppositions with tons of goals in short space of time. Tiote was also decent. We also had a tremendous amount of luck that season. Games where we scored, but did fuck all else and picked up points.

Probably the only time there was a flurry of cheap Carr deals that all were in the same side in their peak so to speak. Was harder for Pardew to fuck it up than make that lot play well.

It was an odd season to be honest, I remember at Christmas we had been on an absolutely hapless run and was fuming. We started with a very good run on the back of Ba scoring plenty but we didn't look super convincing. Then after I was furious Pardew had started us 4-4-2 against Man U with Shola up front we proceded to demolish them and then Cisse came in and just was a joy for that brief half a season to watch. I don't think we'd finish 5th with that team in many of the subsequent years but it seems the early run meant we werent stressing over relegation early then when cisse was scoring for fun the team just played without stress and the good players carried us there.

I am hesitant to completely remove Pardew from any credit as that looks ridiculous i think to people externally, and while quite frankly I'd sooner let the corpse of Jimmy Saville manage the team than Pardew again but he at least just didn't change anything that worked. Then after he had a chance to ruin everything in the summer we were absolutely relentlessly dire from then on.

Guest firetotheworks

They thought I was an Ashley man, just because I dedicated a win to him, defended him to the hilt, and systematically lowered fan expectations on his say so. I can't win up there!

Worthless prick.

I refuse to accept anything about the 5th finish was to do with Pardle.

:thup: The entirety of his managerial career before and after indicates it was a fluke, no idea why others bring it up like it was just an average season for him.

:lol: :lol: colo and ba played out of their skin, we bought half the french national squad on the cheap, had a grizzled gypsy woman enchant the woodwork with gopher blood oh and everyone else was also a bit shit that year. All Pardew. *fadeaway* swoosh Nothing but fret.

How the f*** Pardew get us 5th

Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Colo, Ba at al.

Think Leon Best was pretty good that season too. Maybe not on goal amount, but being a menace and holding things up. Ba was on fire, so was Cabaye and Ben Arfa. Then you have to say Guti was reliable, Santon and Krul too. Then Cisse came in late and fucked up shit for oppositions with tons of goals in short space of time. Tiote was also decent. We also had a tremendous amount of luck that season. Games where we scored, but did fuck all else and picked up points.

Probably the only time there was a flurry of cheap Carr deals that all were in the same side in their peak so to speak. Was harder for Pardew to fuck it up than make that lot play well.

He tried his best after the Wigan (?) match after which he stopped using the 4-3-3 that gave us the most exciting games of the whole season. The start of the season before he stumbled upon it we played a dull 4-4-2 and somehow managed to scrape a few 1-0's, 2-1's etc.

As an intellectual exercise, I'm warming to the idea of Pardew coming back. I mean, if Rafa's leaving (along with three or four of our best players), then we're clearly going to hell. And who better to take us there than this complete cunt?

Watch as (those remaining from) Lascelles, Schar, Lejeune, Fernandez, Dummett suddenly become utter donkeys who ship three goals a game. Ki passing sideways to Hayden Mullins in a wheelchair while Longstaff rots in the reserves. Joselu given the number nine in an attempt to inspire him as he leads the line.

If Rafa's going, then bring it on

As an intellectual exercise, I'm warming to the idea of Pardew coming back. I mean, if Rafa's leaving (along with three or four of our best players), then we're clearly going to hell. And who better to take us there than this complete cunt?

Watch as (those remaining from) Lascelles, Schar, Lejeune, Fernandez, Dummett suddenly become utter donkeys who ship three goals a game. Ki passing sideways to Hayden Mullins in a wheelchair while Longstaff rots in the reserves. Joselu given the number nine in an attempt to inspire him as he leads the line.

If Rafa's going, then bring it on

:lol:

That season still sticks out now how we managed to win so many games by the odd goal despite playing shite in alot of them.

this is right, we played terribly for 90% of the season and nicked loads of wins...remember arguing with a lad at work as we watched the season and telling him it can't be sustained

Guest chopey

Aye finishing 5th was definitely a bone in Ashley's throat but he brought us right back down to earth not long after by telling us we won't be trying in the cups anymore and we can't compete with Bournemouth and Southampton