Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

To put a little perspective in to this thread we just signed a forward who scores 1 in 2 and also for fun in champions league where we can only dream of being in right now. The very fact we announced the signing of this striker so late and then handed Perez a big contract answers the question that we TBF on this one. Maybe Pearce has a game plan like we had with Carroll but I dont worry about it as the ball is in our court right now. We can go forth with lots of forwards and then we have Siem to boot to alter our play.

I'm not saying stop doing cowies, I'm just saying don't do them for breakfast because it always inevitably escalates from there.

All the best.

I dont do them. Maybe in your mind I do, but I joined the old board before this one over a decade ago and can seriously state nowadays after reading this forum some of the members are becoming an arse or maybe a bully so they need to sort their shit out.

Danny Murphy

MOTD pundit and ex-Liverpool midfielder on BBC One

Posted at 07:33

"The fact that Saido Berahino hasn't played very much says something to me. Tony Pulis doesn't quite trust him - after all, they're not exactly flush with goals. He's probably got his heart set on Tottenham and I think that's where he'll end up."

Exactly the opposite to what most people 'behind the scenes' seem to think  :lol:

'Pundit'  :lol:

Mick Lowes was saying it was all down to their chairman trying to sell the club and having Berahino on the books as an asset will increase the value of the club.

Nick Lowes is a bit dim then, £24 million quid cash in the bank would be a better asset and do the same thing (or owner could just take the cash and offset that against any reduced price). Also Berahino's "book" value will be less than £24 Mill I reckon.

Guest antz1uk

I think he just didn't want to sign for either us or Stoke. Would love to see him sit it out now until next Christmas though then go abroad for nothing

I didn't expect the deal to go through but I'm rather gutted it didn't, he would have been a fantastic alternative to Mitrovic.

I'm pretty certain the club weren't hopeful either because I can't see how they'd have incorporated Mitrovic, Perez, Doumbia and Berahino in the match day squad.

No surprise to me at all - never thought he would sign for NUFC and he will probably be a Spurs player by July although others could launch a surprise bid. Our transfer policy is well known and kills any chance of really top young players - esp forwards - wanting to join us as a first option.

Reading between the lines it seems that the West Brom chairman would rather sack Pulis than sell Berahino.

No doubt IMO, unfortunately for him he'll have to sell in the summer whether Pulis stays or goes because he's not signing a new contract now IMO.

He'll end up at Spurs in the summer. He's dodged a bullet with us.

Our club can actually be a good thing for a striker. Demba Ba, Remy and Carroll have all failed to reach the same heights as they did at Newcastle, for different reasons.

While Pulis is at West Brom, Berahino should be looking for a new club.  Spurs might be the right place for him, but he would get plenty of change to prove himself at Newcastle.