sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You are basically implying that you'd consider a tried and tested Championship manager to be a better bet for promotion from the Championship than the likes of Arsène Wenger, Claudio Ranieri, Jürgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino, José Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Rafael Benítez, etc.

Next you'll be saying you'd rather have Championship quality players in the Championship over Premiership quality players.

Not at all. I'm saying exactly what I typed. Benitez is completely untried at that level. We'll see.

So was Chris Hughton.

If someone can adapt in Italian, English and Spanish football, I'm sure he can adapt to a weaker division like the Championship. It's like saying Aguero couldn't hack it in the Championship as he's never played there before.

I don't know why I'm arguing but it's not 'dreadful to watch' compared to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace vs Watford/Sunderland/Swansea. That's without even mentioning the 'good' teams that are dull as dishwater as well, like Man Utd and Chelsea.

It just isn't.

The rest of the world seem to disagree.

My first post was a response to someone saying it'll be great for you lot winning games in the Championship while we struggle in the Premier League. I can assure you I'd much rather be in the top flight, although I have enjoyed our spells in the second tier.

We now have Mourinho and Guardiola and who knows which players they'll bring with them. Ibrahimovic is already rumoured to be on his way, and my 12 year old son is absolutely buzzing about it and I'm sure there'll be more big names on their way.

All of the players that play to a very high level consistently in England eventually go to Barca or Real Madrid. It's a feeder league to the two biggest clubs in the World where they will then have the chance to win the Champions League.

Also Liverpool couldn't beat a team that didn't win an away game all season in La Liga. The reason "any team can beat any other" in the Premier League is because all of the rich teams are horrifically mismanaged and much less than the sum of their parts.

Viewing figures also don't say anything about how good a league is. None of the best players in the World play in the Premier League, along with none of the best teams

Also, didn't he take Tenerife up from Spain's second division? Clearly showing the ability to manage a team from a lower league in to a higher league  ???

He did yes, but it's not the English Championship in 2016. The teams in our second tier, and the money they have, bears no resemblance to the Spanish Segunda Division.

Look he may do amazingly, I don't know, and I can see why Newcastle fans are chuffed, but it's not a given that he'll bring you straight back up.

I bet you hope you don't sign Messi, untried in this league etc?

I bet Sunderland fans can't wait to see Big Sam cross swords with some of the worlds best managers.

Ibrahimovic smashing goals past them will also be a privilege. It's the taking part that counts.

He's done it before, with some success.

it could be great tho watching us win and these draw every week.

I'm sure most Sunderland fans will be gutted knowing you lot are winning Championship games while we're facing teams in the best league in the world.

You will be gutted if you spend most weeks getting beat though?

The mackem's definitely cracking. Though he is trying to regain composure and return to his lofty smartarse self in the last couple of posts.

Still surprised he hides his RTG identity considering he claims not to post in their football section.

Guest ElCid

The mackem's definitely cracking. Though he is trying to regain composure and return to his lofty smartarse self in the last couple of posts.

Still surprised he hides his RTG identity considering he claims not to post in their football section.

Exactly are some finally cottoning on

You will be gutted if you spend most weeks getting beat though?

I always am, and if I could stop supporting Sunderland I f**king would  :lol: But I convince myself that next season will be better....one of these days I'll be right.

Seething mate  ;)

I didn't say I don't post on PF, just very rarely.

I don't really buy that the Championship being the toughest league in the world. David Nugent just got himself promoted man. Our squad right now, shite defense and all, would absolutely dick the Championship with Rafa in charge.

However, it's going to get boring, fast. And it's foolish to claim I'd rather be in the Championship beating random pub teams when we could be in the Premier League actually fighting for something. Not that Sunderland will really be fighting for anything of note.

If Rafa stays we'll be back in Europe again before they ever make it there and it's going to hurt them like you wouldn't believe.

You reckon? I'd wait until at least Christmas before making a statement like that. I may be wrong, Benitez might be a class Championship manager, but he's untested in a division like that and to suppose that you'll not only come straight back up but he'll then get you into Europe is slightly delusional.

:lol: Shut up man

By that logic, should Ibrahimovic suffer a brain injury and decide he wants to play for us we should turn him down because he's untested in a division like that.

Yep, we should be actively trying to employ people that aren't good enough for football at the highest level. Welcome to backwards land.

It's stupid logic, I can understand the point if you was getting someone moving up, so a manager doing well in a lower/lesser league BUT Rafa is bloody class, he is way above this level, fortunately for us he is mad enough to take the job

We'll see. I'm probably wrong but it's foolish to think that you'll go straight back up.

Well we did it last time. Pissed it in the end.

It's not a given of course, but there's a fairly fucking strong chance and it got stronger this evening.

We'll see. I'm probably wrong but it's foolish to think that you'll go straight back up.

Not really it's a dog shit standard league, only ones who don't come straight back up are just that or they sell all the quality they do have and don't replace them.

What should we be expecting then? And don't tell me you can't predict football; make a prediction.

What should we be expecting then? And don't tell me you can't predict football; make a prediction.

Neil Warnock to take over Villa and end up with 122 points and a +136 GD.